[BBC News] New air route to Geneva announced

Newsbot

I should be delighted about more direct flights to Europe, but the proposed pricing is disappointing.

IOM - GVA return in Feb (Flymaybe) £251

LPL - GVA return same dates in Feb (Easyjet) £55

OK so its probably another £100 to get IOM - LPL, but I'd still save £100 per person using Easyjet which has up to 5 flights a day from LPL to GVA in its winter timetable.

I should be delighted about more direct flights to Europe, but the proposed pricing is disappointing.

OK so its probably another £100 to get IOM - LPL, but I'd still save £100 per person using Easyjet which has up to 5 flights a day from LPL to GVA in its winter timetable.

Yes, you save 100 quid if everything goes according to plan - if it doesn't, you might end up having to pay more (change flights, etc). Plus it's a direct flight - no mucking about with having to check in again. 250 quid doesn't sound too bad, tbh.

Sounds good to me but my guess is there will be more stealth charges for baggage skis and board etc.

Could be worth it to take a bit of the hassle out off it mind, if only they flew direct to Denver. USA

Outbound Sat 09 Feb 2008, returning Sat 16 Feb 2008 (Half Term):

Total amount of airfare and taxes due for 1 Adult £ 481.89 (total cost)

Maybe not! :o

Total amount of airfare and taxes due for 1 Adult £ 481.89 (total cost)

For another 40/50 quid you can do 2 weeks in Canada.

Its better than Manx2's new glossy brochure for Gloucester Airport.

Just think of all the great places you can be near .. err .. like Dudley .. or Hereford .. or .. err .. Swindon.

I'm betting its not going to be a popular option unless you're into sheep shagging holidays.

It'll be a popular business route

Just think of all the great places you can be near .. err .. like Dudley .. or Hereford .. or .. err .. Swindon.

I'm betting its not going to be a popular option unless you're into sheep shagging holidays.

It'll be a popular business route

Not with me it won't. I can go sheep shagging up Douglas Head for nothing and still be home in time for tea.

I don't know to be honest, the price of the flights is pretty reasonable, i visit Bristol as I've got mates down there and it costs an absolute fortune with Eastern Airways, the Manx2 flights are less than 1/2 the price, £49 single compared to well over £100 with Eastern, and then its only 1/2 hour on the bus / coach to Bristol from Gloucester, so sounds pretty good / useful to me, also for travelling to Wales its going to be really useful as its right on the border and nearer than any other airports you can fly to from the Island, just gutted it doesn't start till September as I need to book flights for August so guess I'm going to get massivley ripped off by Eastern as usual, the thing that really riles about Easterns prices is when you land in Bristol having paid around £230 return from IOM>Bristol there is adverts everywhere for Bristol>Jersey for £29, how on earth can it cost 10x as much to travel to the Island I don't imagine there is that much more demand for Jersey flights

Archived