[BBC News] Green post van on island rounds

Newsbot

The first electric post van is starting work on the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6288110.stm

I've a mate who's a posty, and he says not all of them are given wheels, they have to use their own. So to avoid messing up their nice cars, they all buy shitheaps to do the rounds with. Nasty old polluting unsafe old shit heaps. Nice one IOM PO!

Going sideways a bit, I just heard on MR, a Manx Telecom ad saying they were the first to go green on the IOM. How'd they manage that over the weekend or is it just more MT bullsh*t?

Going sideways a bit, I just heard on MR, a Manx Telecom ad saying they were the first to go green on the IOM. How'd they manage that over the weekend or is it just more MT bullsh*t?

I'm guessing a massive offset expense and a fair bit of bullshit.

How can it be "green" when it's charged from a mains electricity supply generated by a fossil fuel power station?

Because a gas powerstation is about 200% more efficient than a petrol engine and can deal more effectively with emissions than your car. Plus there's greenish power potentially from the energy from waste plant (har). And there's always power from all our wind and solar farms.... :)

How can it be "green" when it's charged from a mains electricity supply generated by a fossil fuel power station?

Because a gas powerstation is about 200% more efficient than a petrol engine and can deal more effectively with emissions than your car. Plus there's greenish power potentially from the energy from waste plant (har). And there's always power from all our wind and solar farms.... :)

What? How do you know this information? only someone with a degree in home economics would know this... What is your job? Huh not answering me eh.... typical you're so stupid... I've been to Iraq 43 times this year alone and it's a fact that ice cubes will cause Baghdad to flood....

Heh! you might laugh but this is fact - they just won't tell you it is because its not in their interest.

PM me your business card fool and I'll PM you mine and you can see my company. It's the best, bestest, super company in the world and proves I am of higher intellect.

BTW I'm depressed. Got any tips?

Archived