[BBC News] Farmers praised by Manx minister

Newsbot

Minister Phil Gawne

"The farmers who have passed this accreditation process can proudly boast to any supermarket that their production is as good as it gets.

"This is an important part of the island's food producers' initiatives to improve and demonstrate that Manx-produced food is among the best in the world."

That is all very well and I have no doubt Mr Gawne spoke from his heart. But he is from a farming family and has very much worked and lived amongst the farming community for many years. I dare say there'll be plenty of slaps on the back in return coming his way.

If Quirky was to expound the world wonders of our plumbers, or Tim and Graham to shout the praises of our super postmen, we would probably be doing a bit of chin scratchin' here.

External scrutiny of standards like this can give a huge boost to confidence in standards of Manx products. Lets see more of it... :)

Shame we can't have something like this for Manx Radio - I would love to stop the presenters talking over the music :angry::angry::angry: ! (DJ Dan is innocent BTW.)

There are those daft adverts on the morning /Alex program, Willimas trashing everything he can, then while I'm drinking my afternoon coco after matron has tucked my in another musical nihilist ruins every tune there is.

What was this thread about ???

Archived