We Are The Night

Mission

Anyone got it yet - if so, what do you think?

Liking Do It Again and The Salmon Dance so far - only played the cd through twice so far though. TBH I preferred the version of Do It Again that they played at Glasto more (without the poncy vocal chorus).

EDIT: No idea how I posted this here, can a mod please move it to Music and Club Scene please?

• 2 weeks later...

And finally....well it arrived 2 days ago but I have only just finished assesing it :) I think it has a little something for everyone, I'm very fond of the silly salmon song (be honest, you have tried the salmon dance? no? oh....ok then) loads of the songs reminded me of Glastonbury so I was raving round the kitchen. Its almost shamanic. Some of the bassy bits are so good I wish I had a better stereo (maybe need to pad my Ipod out a bit, it shakes on the holder of me thingio at extreme volume). I think my faves so far are Saturate & Burst Generator, do it again is better here than on that stupid radio station that has played it into the ground.

Oh yes I likes it. Apologies to any of my neighbours.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO they are becoming a bit one-trick pony. They had a new idea way back when and have pretty much stuck to the same formula for 12 years.

The early CDs are far better than the new one.

Check out Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole to see what I mean.

Thanks will do......pah! I've loved The Chemical Brothers since they were The Dust Brothers and they haven't changed, why should they? they are great. Best DJ's I've ever seen, ever and close to the best live act also. Have you seen the video for salmon dance? It is most funny. Their old sutff is a little tired for me, I have listened to it far too much over the years so its nice to have something new to listen to.

I just bought my old favourite CD again, Give peace a dance, its still great and strangely timeless, 1993...phew that was a long long time ago. Loads of great things on there.

But Mission.....did you try the salmon dance?

Nope, but I might just give it a go bees :D

IMHO they are becoming a bit one-trick pony. They had a new idea way back when and have pretty much stuck to the same formula for 12 years.

The early CDs are far better than the new one.

I have Exit Planet Dust here but tbh all it's done for a long time is gather it! I've dug it out and will have a listen to it during the week to see if I can agree with your views.

Archived