Ben My Chree Goes Round Point Of Ayre

copycat

I've done a couple of trips around the island with the steam packet. Brilliant stuff, see loads of beaches and sights you'd never normally see.

Would recommend the trip. Great for taking elderly parents, aunts and uncles and foreign colleagues etc. - they'll love it.

I went on one years ago and was bored shitless for most of it.

Admittedly I was about 12 at the time. Now however, with the benefit of alcohol I wouldn't mind doing it again. On a nice calm night I imagine it would be quite a pleasant experience

I would give a big thumbs up to the Steam Packet round the Island trip too.

It is usually fully booked and they don't have to advertise too much so keep your ears open next year.

The original post from copycat is a live link and at the time of my post shows the Ben-My-Chree approaching Liverpool (I meant Heysham) and not the Point of Ayre.

Admittedly I was about 12 at the time. Now however, with the benefit of alcohol I wouldn't mind doing it again. On a nice calm night I imagine it would be quite a pleasant experience

Thay can't serve alcohol in Manx waters, can they?

Thay can't serve alcohol in Manx waters, can they?

Forgot about that. I'll just go to the pub then

Archived