Manx Radio And Other Local Stations

Steve Gribbon

I appreciate there is a Mannin Line thread going but thought maybe a separate thread for general local radio rants and raves? (Not just Manx Radio)

I was listening to a chap interviewing someone from Cronkbourne Cricket Club this evening. The interviewer was so enthusiastic (because he used to play, you know) he wouldn't let the guy get a word in edgeways. And when he asked a question he actually tagged his own answer onto the end of the question and which he expected the bloke to agree with! It didn't make good radio at all. Unless of course you want to hear all about the exploits and the voice of one of our local media mega stars. But I didn't.

It really was the Chris Kinley show.

(I had been trying to use the Manx Radio feedback email facility to mention a few things direct but their email thing didn't work).

I could rant on about the last coupla days MR but I eventually found the dial. Me too am becoming a BBC Radio 4 fan. There really are some good programmes on there and the plays are better than TV imo.

Pity that Home Truths will never be the same though.

HAHAHA, was reading the 2nd paragraph (the 3rd wasnt showing on my screen) thinking "i bet that was chris kinley"

chris kinley is chris kinleys number 1 fan, talks a good game. but thats about it.

suppose thats all you need for the radio though

their other self styled "experts" are the same too

I was listening to a chap interviewing someone from Cronkbourne Cricket Club this evening.  The interviewer was so enthusiastic (because he used to play, you know) he wouldn't let the guy get a word in edgeways. And when he asked a question he actually tagged his own answer onto the end of the question and which he expected the bloke to agree with!

Substitute the TT for Cricket and it could be Geoff Cannell :D

I can't take Chris Kinley seriously after the last TT. No, it wasn't his radio commentary, I thought he did well on that score, he obviously knows his bikes and is more than happy to brown-nose it. I mean him hosting the Miss Wet TT Shirt Competition in Nightlife. You had to be there.

• 3 years later...
I can't take Chris Kinley seriously after the last TT. No, it wasn't his radio commentary, I thought he did well on that score, he obviously knows his bikes and is more than happy to brown-nose it. I mean him hosting the Miss Wet TT Shirt Competition in Nightlife. You had to be there.

Pictures!

It really was the Chris Kinley show.

I'd guessed it was Kinley from your description of the interview. He used to drive me nuts when he'd "interview" some expert on whatever the subject was on his Manx Radio show and then not let them get a word in as he gave us all the benefit of his opinion. I stopped listening to his show in the end.

It's sad to hear that he hasn't changed at all. You'd think someone would tell him to shut up and listen for once

Edit to add - Feck, this is an old thread. I'd only read the first post when I'd replied and was surprised to see I'd already posted some years earlier

I have to say i think Kinley is one of MR's better presenters!

LOL, so your agreeing he is shit, but still one of MR's better presenters! what does that make the rest?? stu peters for me, far more listening friendly.

I'm not surprised about him doing the Wet t-shirt. I always thought that was his kind of level. For years he compered the action outside Bushys during TT and was surprised to see him become a commentator. Having said that, having listened to all the local stations at one time or another it seems you just have to have a tongue in your head and you're behind the microphone.

What ever happened to talent? Can these stations not find anyone with anything interesting to say?

Well CLEARLY you have not noticed we are supposed to be out raged that Jason Quinn may or may not be leaving Energy - Hello Isle Of Man Radio people - You are the only people who give a monkeys about what you do, the rest of us? we couldn't care less. Who are you? and why do you think you are soooo important?

I have to say i think Kinley is one of MR's better presenters!

LOL, so your agreeing he is shit, but still one of MR's better presenters! what does that make the rest?? stu peters for me, far more listening friendly.

That subtle dig had lain dormant for almost four years and now you've blown it, thanks.

Archived