Euromanx Transaction Charges

lfc84

I bought flights today at Euromanx.com and they are now charging £1 per passenger per sector for DEBIT cards.........

How the hell can they justify that ?? :angry:

Let alone paying £56 one way per person for a flight in December..... :angry:

5 months notice :angry:

Daylight robbery :angry:

At least other airline charge PER TRANSACTION !!!!!!!!!!!

Im so angry I felt this charge is newsworthy !

I've used Euromanx once and got stranded on my return, they excuse was that they didnt have enough passengers to warrany flying the plane.

I thought they would at least put me up in a hotel, but no, had to pay for that and if I didnt get the first flight in the morning then I'd have to buy another ticket.

So I went home on the boat from Hayshem at 02:15am, I have never used them since.

Even in my old job, I would get the boat rather than fly with them.

Such a bad experience, we need some low cost airlines here, ie with whats happened with MT.

I don't know how they can charge for a debit card, it's not like they have to wait for the money. Bloody scandalous it's not on that people that live here are totally ripped off all the time when they have or need to take a plane.

There are fees for taking debit-card payments, but given the number of transactions they must take - it would be a fraction of that amount. Most don't charge because they're selling you something. You never know, their margins could be tight, or, they're just stingey.

It is a rip-off. Payment providers charge a transaction fee for processing the card (this applies for the swipe machines in shops also), but as far as I'm aware, they charge a percentage fee for credit card (say 3-4%) and a fixed fee for debit cards (say 45p). The actual rates vary depending on the volume of transactions you pass through their systems.

Therefore, charging a per sector/per passenger fee does not really reflect the cost of their processing fees, it's just a way to slide in additional profit for themselves.

--------------------

Tech Blog - Personal Blog - Hobby Blog - ManxFriends Profile

Got a Manx website: Register it on SearchMann

It is a rip-off. Payment providers charge a transaction fee for processing the card (this applies for the swipe machines in shops also), but as far as I'm aware, they charge a percentage fee for credit card (say 3-4%) and a fixed fee for debit cards (say 45p). The actual rates vary depending on the volume of transactions you pass through their systems.

Therefore, charging a per sector/per passenger fee does not really reflect the cost of their processing fees, it's just a way to slide in additional profit for themselves.

--------------------

If we had a Department of Fair Trade on the Island they would attend to rip-offs such as this one.

I've used Euromanx once and got stranded on my return, they excuse was that they didnt have enough passengers to warrany flying the plane.

I thought they would at least put me up in a hotel, but no, had to pay for that and if I didnt get the first flight in the morning then I'd have to buy another ticket.

So I went home on the boat from Hayshem at 02:15am, I have never used them since.

Even in my old job, I would get the boat rather than fly with them.

Such a bad experience, we need some low cost airlines here, ie with whats happened with MT.

Was this before the new EU legislation came into effect? Look at this fine PDF file page 2.

As you were in the UK you are / were covered.

--------------------

If we had a Department of Fair Trade on the Island they would attend to rip-offs such as this one.

WE HAVE --------------THEY'RE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

WE HAVE --------------THEY'RE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my point. There is an Isle of Man body masquerading under that title. Can someone tell me of anything that body has ever achieved?

Img36.jpg

If the fair trade lot whoever they are are useless, then why not bend your MHKs ear about it? I would have thought that would be right up an MHKs street.

Archived