Euromanx Transaction Charges

lfc84

A good way of retaliation would be to write to Flybe and Euromanx asking for a list of employees saying they would be charged a surcharge if they shopped with your business with a credit/debit card.

I know it won't work but it is the impact it will have!

This is a rip off. Ryanair charge for debit card payment but not per sector, just per payment. You would think it would be hard to find an airline sharper than Ryanair, but it looks like we've got one.

I was flying from Liverpool on the day the Seacat got pranged. I arrived after three hours driving to be told the weather was too bad for flying and I agreed. It certainly was and nothing was leaving Liverpool. We were told to turn up at whatever time it was the day after. I did following a 6 hour round trip to be told this flight was delayed due to weather on the island. I phoned my son who read off the weather off the net and it was forecast to improve (which it did) but they then cancelled the flight anyway. There was about 120 passengers now trying to rebook on the one available phone. I waited about 20 mins and got through to be told to return the following day. I asked why they had cancelled the flight when the weather was improving but they just said it was still too bad. Finally I got to the island on the third attempt next morning. It later turned out that the flight after ours did depart and arrive OK and I believe our flight was cancelled to avoid the high charge to keep the airport open after 9pm.

When I arrived at Ronaldsway, I asked to see Lynn the customer services rep. She was very unhelpful and got very stroppy when challenged about the weather the previous day. She denied they were trying to avoid a fee for keeping the airport open late. I believe that not to be the case. All I got was a take it or leave it attitude. I think I'll leave it next time.

A lot of airlines have sneaky hidden charges and pretty crappy attitudes to customer service, so I drive everywhere as a protest. My upcoming trip to Fiji is really going to test my resolve :unsure:

Sneaky charges=opportunism

Yes, it used to be free if you used Switch but now I think they make a fee for every card.

Flybe charge £4 per piece of checked-in luggage per sector and £7 if you pay at the airport rather than at the time of booking.

We were charged £16 to take our luggage to Gatwick and back.

It all adds to the cost of travelling to and from the island.It's no surprise you only see the odd visitor who has been duped by the advertising of this vibrant island.

Just to be clear the post refers to Flybe not Euromanx....

They are another bunch of thieves..... :lol:

Sneaky charges=opportunism

Yes, it used to be free if you used Switch but now I think they make a fee for every card.

They charge £4 per piece of checked-in luggage per sector and £7 if you pay at the airport rather than at the time of booking.

We were charged £16 to take our luggage to Gatwick and back.

It all adds to the cost of travelling to and from the island.It's no surprise you only see the odd visitor who has been duped by the advertising of this vibrant island.

Archived