[BBC News] Hopes for new motor museum

Newsbot

The Peel museum, run by a group of very enthusiatic volunteers, is housed in the small building that once served as the office for the Brick works just down Mill Rd about 100 yards from House of Manannan - it has the recently acquired Peel mini car (and a bus) but there is little room for displays - worth a visit however.

I was informed that there is a collection of vintage busses in Jurby but havn't been tho' it was one of the planned visits of a bunch of transport enthusiasts who visited just before Tynwald day.

Thanks. I shall make enquiries as to whether they open on Sundays and take a trip down there if they do.

Be nice to have a motor museum here. I seem to remember some sort of collection not too far from where Marown TV are - not sure if it's still there or not though.

I think it might still be there - the old garage was pulled down but a new building went up behind the old site - private collection however - there are other private collections eg Milntown + possibly still at Bishopscourt (tho that has now changed hands)

Archived