Vanessa Feltz: Non-story

ian rush

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are far too many chippies on the Isle of Man. There are not enough good restaurants.

You can never have too many chippies! But yes, there aren't enough good restaurants. There is a handful I would class as 'ok' and that's it. The rest...well, I'd rather go for chips.

There are far too many chippies on the Isle of Man. There are not enough good restaurants.

You can never have too many chippies! But yes, there aren't enough good restaurants. There is a handful I would class as 'ok' and that's it. The rest...well, I'd rather go for chips.

It would be nice to have a decent chippy in Douglas though. The ones we have have gone badly downhill in recent months and I really can't be arsed going to Peel

when she came her she said how lovely the place was and was always smiling about it. then some of our own celebrity bloke agreed with her and was smiling too along side her and he said something like :-

even better we are the Isla of Man and we can do whatever we like.

I think he ment by way of laws and rules but if you asked me it sounded prety arogant considering all the money men over here and there are some people like her who simply aren't impresed with greediness and money men either. If you ask me she probably realised and met some pretty unpleasant people or at least knows of them to make her think like that but so would you if you had been exposed to fat cats

When I lived across I met a pretty nasty bloke from the isleand who was filthy rich and he and his family made me say ugggh, I don't like the Isle of Man much even though we had never been there then, but in reality there are lots of quite nice people here. So I would say she said it from her experiences maybe.

well just heard the so called apology on radio , although she still stands by what she says lol

The editor from the newspaper , didnt have a clue , they should have had a rep from the tourist dept.

They were talking about the airport routes , - the editor thinks there is a route from belfast lol

Who is she anyway

hq_witch10.JPG

and when did she come here?

From https://gov.im

Tourism press coverage tops £481,000

The Isle of Man has gained plenty of TV and news coverage over the last 12 months.

Facilitating TV and press trips is part of the Tourism PR strategy which encourages a large number of media visits to the Isle of Man every year with the aim of raising the Island’s profile as a holiday destination.

The Island has received excellent UK news coverage this year with articles in newspapers and magazines such as Alan Whicker’s ‘A Man for all seasons’ in the Daily Mail, a double page spread in Take a Break magazine, Coast magazine and regional newspapers, the most recent of which being the Stoke on Trent Sentinel.

The Department also played host to several TV crews including Japanese TV, who came over to explore the Island’s vintage railway system, BBC Top Gear, BBC Departure lounge with Vanessa Feltz, and the Hairy Bikers Cookbook show due to be broadcast in January 2006. The Island also received extensive TT coverage on BBC Grandstand as well as Sky TV broadcasts which featured the Bowls Festival, the Parish Walk, End to End Challenge and the European pool championships.

Tourism Minister David Cretney explained: ‘My Department is now looking forward to 2006 and hopes to build on the good publicity we have received this year. It’s important that we raise the profile of the Island and last year we had 81 press visits alone, from both UK and international journalists, and the estimated advertising value of these visits was over £481,000.

‘Publicity for an article such as Alan Whicker’s in the Daily Mail, was worth £99,700 alone, and additional coverage for the Yorke Pink promotion earlier this year is estimated at £500,0000-£700,000 eav. This contributes to the Government aim of a positive national identity and we will continue to gain maximum publicity for the Isle of Man .’

Excellent value, what? <_<

Read the post , the editor of the isle of man newspaper thought there was a route from belfast

I know there is 2 routes , to both the city and international . as i use it reguarly.

There's 2 belfast airports? I never knew that.

Archived