Manx Equivalent Of Cash For Honours

copycat

Who ever inspects the register of members interests and asks questions about how certain politicians have come by what new investments they have declared, and who'll be caught out by not keeping the register up-to-date (I'm told there should be a new entry any time soon not to mention some embarrassment and an "oops I didn't realise I had to do that")

This thread is now open as to your ideas as to which elected politician will step forward and also what it will be they have to declare before the news gets published. Suggestions please.

This thread is now open as to your ideas as to which elected politician will step forward and also what it will be they have to declare before the news gets published. Suggestions please.

Oh come on! Stop fishing. If you knew anything you'd have posted it, or are youtrying to get someoneelse to take the risk of saying something liablous.

Oh come on! Stop fishing. If you knew anything you'd have posted it, or are youtrying to get someoneelse to take the risk of saying something liablous.

Yes he is. That is all he ever does.

if politician X has a property given to or bought for their use or something else bought for them and its not been declared and then they have to admit it then surely there must be questions regarding integrity.

Oh for christs sake. Its obvious where your going. If you've not got the f**king balls to do the dirty work stop f**king well posting because your really starting to piss me off. You've not got the guts to do it yourself have you?

again a kind of pseudo-point..I do think there are questions to be asked around this general area- I've seen a number of MHKs from time to time at the airport and they're obviously with a party from a local firm, usually a financial services provider. Later on you read they've been at, or even spoken at a conference/seminar somewhere as guests of this firm. Fair enough, I guess if a company wants to pay an MHK's tab to take them away but I do wonder if this kind of thing should be formally recorded somewhere..OK the taxpayer doesn't pay so I can see why someone might say 'what's the problem' but I think it might be unfair on other companies who don't have high-level access to politicians. Must surely factor in somewhere down the line as accruing an advantage to a business to have a politician working with them...any thoughts?

Archived