Songs Of Praise

tribal

I am looking to see if I can obtain a copy of the televised Songs of Praise that was filmed in Peel Cathedral back in the early 1980's. I have tried the BBC with no luck and also emailed the Library two days ago but still waiting for a response. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or perhaps there maybe someone who kept a recording of it that I could copy. Strange request I know, not a religious person myself but someone is singing on it that I would like to try and give a copy to for Christmas.

I am looking to see if I can obtain a copy of the televised Songs of Praise that was filmed in Peel Cathedral back in the early 1980's.  I have tried the BBC with no luck and also emailed the Library two days ago but still waiting for a response.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions or perhaps there maybe someone who kept a recording of it that I could copy.  Strange request I know, not a religious person myself but someone is singing on it that I would like to try and give a copy to for Christmas.

If you find a copy, could you let me know too? One of the soloists is a bit special in my life.

Got the tape from the Vicar in Peel - thanks Minxie, unfortunately there were no solos on the tape at all ! I asked the Vicar's wife and she said there were no soloists at the event, so maybe our two special people were thinking of another event held at Peel Cathedral G.I. James, there was a choir there of school children, Peel Clothworkers though, I think, as I recognised my cousin who went there, although, of course, it could have been a mixed choir from all over the island. Well, back to the drawing board for that special christmas present !

Cheers, will try that Minxie and will let you know how I get on G.I. James.  My special person sang solo to but from Peel Primary School.

Thanks Tribal. Sad though.

It would have been wonderful to have located a copy of the video. Someone must have one so one day, maybe.

I can't even remember which year it was my special one sang her heart out, long ago anyway. John Elliot started to teach her later.

• 5 years later...

Archived