Traffic Lights At Anagh Coar

buggane

What is going on with the traffic lights at Anagh Coar ?, travelled in from South this morning, queue right back up to the Roundabout, traffic lights on Green for approximately 4-5 seconds for traffic coming in from South, then traffic lights on Green for about 45 seconds for traffic coming down from Anagh Coar, its ridiculous surely if anything it should be the other way round, there was only about 2 cars getting through each time the lights change, seems to happen every now and again about once a week they seem to change the timing on the lights, anybody know why as all it seems to do is cause a long traffic hold up

[conspiracy]

The DOT have been taking advice from Ken Livingstone. Fuck up the traffic on purpose to prove your theories and get what you want.

In this case, by holding up the traffic coming infrom the south they can take the pressure off the new Groves Road junction - thus cutting doen the amount of traffic bottlenecked there and "proving" that trafffic flows through it better and the money was not wasted.

[/conspiracy]

[conspiracy]

The DOT have been taking advice from Ken Livingstone. Fuck up the traffic on purpose to prove your theories and get what you want.

In this case, by holding up the traffic coming infrom the south they can take the pressure off the new Groves Road junction - thus cutting doen the amount of traffic bottlenecked there and "proving" that trafffic flows through it better and the money was not wasted.

[/conspiracy]

Now that is a damn good theory lol

Know what you mean, I've just been sat in traffic there on my way back to work. If only they would modify the light sequence to give priority to one lane at a time then you wouldn't get stuck behind the one person wanting to turn right.

[conspiracy]

[/conspiracy]

What a bunch of fuckwits we have in charge of our roads! And I doubt if the above idea is a conspiracy - sounds spot on to me.

My mate works with the DOT, a consultant decides the sequence and timings then programs a chip which can only be altered by the consultants.

He spends most of his time straightening up the posts as chavs have cottoned on they spin round if you twist them hard enough (well the newer ones anyway)

What is going on with the traffic lights at Anagh Coar ?, travelled in from South this morning, queue right back up to the Roundabout, traffic lights on Green for approximately 4-5 seconds for traffic coming in from South, then traffic lights on Green for about 45 seconds for traffic coming down from Anagh Coar, its ridiculous surely if anything it should be the other way round, there was only about 2 cars getting through each time the lights change, seems to happen every now and again about once a week they seem to change the timing on the lights, anybody know why as all it seems to do is cause a long traffic hold up

It's Anagh-Coar day! the one day a week where the residents of Anagh-coar and Farmhill get to pull off the junction ,without having to wait hours for all you southern f*****s to file through into Town !

(also know as Southern Discomfort)

I suppose there's no hope of them fixing the problem where you can have a vehicle stopped over the sensing loop waiting to turn into the estate and the sequence doesn't give you a filter arrow.

the other gripe is when there is a long queue through Anagh Coar lights to Groves Road and beyond, cars insist in blocking the junction preventing anyone turning right, the sooner they paint yellow box markings the better (and at the bottom of Alexander Drive), but I suppose they aren't approved for traffic light controlled junctions or some other lame excuse :(

If things really are as bad as everyone is moaning about on here then perhaps the time has come to consider drastic action to cut the number of cars on the roads:-

1. Hike road tax up by 400%

2. Enforce park and ride and/or car pools on routes in to Douglas

3. Increase the cots of parking in Douglas by 400%

Or more radically, how about businesses are incetivised make things less Douglas-centric.

I think the brainwave behind this one was "They can all go down the Old Castletown Road of a morning", without realising that should you attempt this manouever, youre going to be sat there for 10 mins creeping down the hill at 2mph whilst an army of 4x4's and people carriers meander into Kewaigue school.

Anagh Coar gets a filter lane to send traffic into Douglas, thats why it looks like theres more time to come out. In reality, when its green allowing people to head south, we get the same 5 second window you claim the Southerners do. (which is Rubbish, since I have to sit in Anagh Coar at the lights for 10-15 mins some mornings).

Easy way to solve it : Stop people buying £500k houses by the sea and then commuting into Douglas each morning :)

Archived