Xbox 360

Tea&Biscuits

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the elite quieter though ?

No. Yes. Perhaps. :) The first run of elites had the same noisy stuff as the older premiums, but the new ones might have the quieter benq drive. Wait and see I guess.

Given a 120gb hdd is 120 quid, Im tempted to flog my premium and upgrade to an elite once it's confirmed to have the benq drive. I've picked a terrable time to do this though with a price drop friday, gah.

Blimey I didn't realise the Elite was going to be so cheap, I'm sorely tempted, if not just because it'll mean I can have my 360 through HDMI, and my chipped XBox can go straight to the the component inputs on the telly, rather than the 360 and the XBox having to go through a splitter box like they do at the moment, which leads to something of a mess of cables.

Not overly fussed about the 120GB hard drive though, I've still got 10GB free on my original Premium hard drive, and just stream media from my PC.

I think I'll hang on until we get the Elites that have got the revised hardware design that stops them blowing up after 13 months.

Blimey I didn't realise the Elite was going to be so cheap, I'm sorely tempted, if not just because it'll mean I can have my 360 through HDMI, and my chipped XBox can go straight to the the component inputs on the telly, rather than the 360 and the XBox having to go through a splitter box like they do at the moment, which leads to something of a mess of cables.

Yep, exactly my problem, my 360 and xbmc go though a switch, which means I have to get off my lardy to change over, do they know who I am?

Not overly fussed about the 120GB hard drive though, I've still got 10GB free on my original Premium hard drive, and just stream media from my PC.

There's talk of them adding games that use more space on the hdd, such as mmo's, so this might be more significant in time.

I think I'll hang on until we get the Elites that have got the revised hardware design that stops them blowing up after 13 months.

There's the 65ms versions on the horizon (read early next year), which will solve all of the heat and noise problems.

Is it worth getting an Elite then? The Hard Disk seems good value - but the console doesn't come bundled with games like the Premium does. So I could get an Elite but I would have to buy the games (Gears, Bioshock, Forza2, Guitar Hero) seperate, whilst with the Premium it comes bundled with Gears, Forza and is cheaper (although doesnt have the hard disk). Expensive exercise really. And should I just buy maybe 1 or 2 games to focus on (Gears\Guitar Hero) then worry about Bioshock\Forza later. Is the remote required to play DVDs?

Is it worth getting an Elite then? The Hard Disk seems good value - but the console doesn't come bundled with games like the Premium does. So I could get an Elite but I would have to buy the games (Gears, Bioshock, Forza2, Guitar Hero) seperate, whilst with the Premium it comes bundled with Gears, Forza and is cheaper (although doesnt have the hard disk). Expensive exercise really. And should I just buy maybe 1 or 2 games to focus on (Gears\Guitar Hero) then worry about Bioshock\Forza later. Is the remote required to play DVDs?

The premium with hdmi is your best bet, I recon. There's one coming with Halo theme that's hdmi, but it's a bit fugly.

The premium with hdmi is your best bet, I recon. There's one coming with Halo theme that's hdmi, but it's a bit fugly.

My cinema amp doesnt do HDMI (just component\optical\coax) so I may be better with the standard Premiums. Whats the deal with this red-circle of death\GPU fault - is that common, or is it only if you stick the XBox in an enclosed space where it heats up?

My cinema amp doesnt do HDMI (just component\optical\coax) so I may be better with the standard Premiums. Whats the deal with this red-circle of death\GPU fault - is that common, or is it only if you stick the XBox in an enclosed space where it heats up?

Even if you don't want the hdmi, it's existance suggests the revision also has the quieter benq dvd, which is a really nice thing to have.

The faults are apparently quite common, up to 30% failure rate in the early ones. They've apparently sorted it now, but to avoid that completely you're going to want the cooler hardware that's due in a few months.

gutted looks like i have missed the boat there, was taking my time in purchasing the 360 with amazon until the price came down. Well it has but they have taken all the offers off. Ok its cheaper but you can only get Harry potter for a tenner extra now. And harry potter game will not do it for me at all.

Was looking forward to getting Rainbow 6 and Gears of war for practically free with the 360

Looks like i might go for the Elite instead, as for 300 you can get it with 2 games.

Has anyone played on Blue dragon yet, if so whatd u think

Cheers

Has anyone played on Blue dragon yet, if so whatd u think

Cheers

yep played the demo, looks great but to be honest it feels 10years old and brings very little to the Genre...if you're looking for an rpg wait for Mass Effect or Eternal Sonata both look brilliant ( Mass Effect especially )

Dont think it will be to be honest thats just what HMV were offering with the Elite for 3oo quid with a car game also

i am buying the 360 for games like Rainbow 6 vegas and Gears of War etc I like my first person shoot em type games

anyone got any recommdations i take it halo 3 will be top

BIOSHOCK! :D

Rainbow 6 LV is fantastic

GOW is amazing

GRAW 1 & 2 are both worth a playthrough

COD4 looks brilliant

Halo3 is great fun online ( can't wait for the story mode either - 4 player co-op anyone?? )

there is a slew of shooters coming out in the coming months, but don't forget Assasins Creed!!!

BIOSHOCK! :D

Rainbow 6 LV is fantastic

GOW is amazing

GRAW 1 & 2 are both worth a playthrough

COD4 looks brilliant

Halo3 is great fun online ( can't wait for the story mode either - 4 player co-op anyone?? )

there is a slew of shooters coming out in the coming months, but don't forget Assasins Creed!!!

Wot he said, plus Forza, Oblivion, Guitar Hero II, Gotham 3 and Dead Rising.

On Live Arcade you want Space Giraffe :) Geometary wars, Bomberman, Worms and Catan (if you like that kind of thing)...

Archived