Xbox 360

Tea&Biscuits

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently there were quite a lot of delays in Steam validating the (PC version) downloads of people who bought it via that route, and however you bought the PC version, word is that 2K's authentication servers are pretty much totally overloaded and doing fuck all. (Over at the WoS forums someone has been trying to authenticate for over two hours.)

We bought an elite last week and occasionally, when we turn it on nothing happens and the screen stays black until I restart it and its fine, have any of you guys experienced this and should I be worried?

I really want to know should I return it to Woolies before my 28 day guarantee runs out or is it something I need to live with?

We bought an elite last week and occasionally, when we turn it on nothing happens and the screen stays black until I restart it and its fine, have any of you guys experienced this and should I be worried?

I really want to know should I return it to Woolies before my 28 day guarantee runs out or is it something I need to live with?

OMG, you're still at work? I need you to make my tea! And go to the shop to buy me some chocolate and some cat litter and something for you to make for my tea. Bloody husbands, bloody useless....AND, you left the light on in the hall this morning when you were getting the kids ready for nursery. Do I have to do everything in this house?

And the eggbox won't turn on, how am I supposed to play?

Ummmm - domestic disputes aside :D......

Yeah the 360s can be a bit flaky but they should turn on first time, every time.

Check the obvious things first (cables OK and telly on the right input, sounds silly but modern LCDs have so many inputs it's easy to get wrong), and if it genuinely isn't firing up sometimes, take the bugger back and get it replaced.

Don't get fobbed off with any "28 days to return" cobblers either, the retailer is obliged to honour the 12 month guarantee and if they ever give you any shit about contacting Microsoft direct (or whichever manufacturer made the goods in question), just mention the Sales of Goods Act to them.

It boils my piss when retailers try to shirk their responsibilities, but it's amazing how quick they remember what they are when you mention the Sales of Goods Act and the small claims court :)

Pfft, now the sounds gone now. It's going back and they better give us an immediate replacement....

Are you sure it's not a dodgy cable? It seems a funny way for a console to cock-up.

360s are renowned for blowing up one day (three red rings of death), but they generally behave pretty well up to that point.

Have you got it running through HDMI, component, or SCART?

Can you try a different cable to see if the same stuff happens (if you get a SCART lead in the Elite box as well as HDMI, give that a try).

Pfft, now the sounds gone now. It's going back and they better give us an immediate replacement....

Are you sure it's not a dodgy cable? It seems a funny way for a console to cock-up.

360s are renowned for blowing up one day (three red rings of death), but they generally behave pretty well up to that point.

Have you got it running through HDMI, component, or SCART?

Can you try a different cable to see if the same stuff happens (if you get a SCART lead in the Elite box as well as HDMI, give that a try).

It's running through HDMI. It happens when I use the HDMI cable from the PS3 instead too, I just tried that. Which is in the other HDMI port so that would rule out the xbox cable and the tv. The sound thing only happens occasionally, one minute it's on fine and the next it's off. There's no break up of sound, it just stops. It happens whether it's playing through the tv or the surround sound, which, obviously, go out through different cables. All of which would lead me to believe it's the box and not the cables.

It's quite gay. It's only 5 days old :( Must be the crap American build quality....

Archived