Major Spanish Lottery Win!

Max Power

I have just had a major win on the Spanish lottery, just under £500,000!

The letter and claim form arrived today!

All I need to do is send them my bank details and the money will be paid into my account. The agent who submitted the ticket on my behalf will then take 10% of my winnings.

Well, why should I complain, I never purchased a ticket in the first place? Happy days, I feel a nice big new house coming on.

If you reply you'll be requested to send them a processing fee up front, usually in the region of £1-2k in order for them to get you your prize. It's mainly the elderly, desparate or slightly simple and trusting that get caught out.

Basically a European version of the 419 scam.

Edit: Christ my spelling's bad today.

Doods, so far this week I have won £35,000,000, last week I won £200,000,000 at least - I keep mailing the people telling them, not to worry about my bank details just send a cheque....still no cheques. I think its very mean of them not to send the money & wish you better luck Max Power.

I understand that they transfer the money into your account, withdraw it before it clears along with the 10% commission which you willingly authorised leaving you short or in the red by a huge amount.

What I don't understand is how they can make unauthorised withdrawal of the amount paid in, even though it hasn't cleared?

Baiting 419-scammers is good sport, though.

I had a long email exchange with the relative of the former minister of some dodgy country who needed help to get his uncle's money, him and his sister to the UK. I set up an email account as Ian Paul Freely (name courtesy of a Bart Simpson prank call to Moe's bar) and offered my services. Eventually I got bored and was attacked on my way to the post office and had my life savings stolen just as I was about to send them to him to provide for the administrative costs of the transfer.

What I don't understand is how they can make unauthorised withdrawal of the amount paid in, even though it hasn't cleared?

They can't. Once you get suckered into the deal, they'll claim that some regulation prevents them from deducting the 10%, so if you want the money you'll have to send them their 10% up front.

Either that, or they'll send a stolen bankers draft for the full amount and get you to pay them the 10%. It'll clear straight away as it's a bankers draft, but then a week or 2 later it'll be dishonored and the bank will take it back, leaving you in the red to the tune of the 10% you sent them.

I thought everyone knew about these 'old chestnuts' now.

The ones I get most now (apart from the other email account where I harvest the conmen emails) are ones from Banks/Building societies I don't even use telling me my account has been suspended. :lol:

Those and ones from 'ebay' with unpaid item disputes.

A real shame that all these fraudsters can't be rounded up and made to fight to the death in a big arena, then the last remaining one burned alive.

Why didn't the agent submit the ticket on his/her own behalf?

...answer, because there ain't no ticket and their only interest is your bank details

Anyone who believes otherwise was born yesterday...or plain stoopid

Have a look at www.419eater.com. The lengths some of these scammers go to are amazing.

Whenever I receive one of these letters I give them the sortcode 4q4q4q and then the usual account number 5c4m1ng845t4rd.

I'm sure that can be improved upon with a little thought.

Why didn't the agent submit the ticket on his/her own behalf?

...answer, because there ain't no ticket and their only interest is your bank details

Anyone who believes otherwise was born yesterday...or plain stoopid

You mean this is a scam then? My balloon has been burst..again.

Archived