[BBC News] Gull sculpture designs submitted

Newsbot

To be fair! a sculpture of a seagull i.m.o. would be far more suitable as a " Manx Heritage statment"

than the bronze statues of that greedy little fucker , " Sir Norman and his mate in Ridgway street!".

You could also make the gull sculpture double up as a bin, even more realistic ???

This is absolutely hillarious, I don't believe it. It is however true, I can't wait to see it, really I can't. The New Emporers New Clothes (blatantly stolen from various places but, I feel it is quite apt), a seagull on a stick. :D

Lolly on a Stick!

Unless I need new glasses, I can't see anywhere that mentions what this gull, is going to be made of. A few posters are saying plastic, is this a fact? It's very expensive plastic, can plastic be called a sculpture? B)

The proposed gull will be made of fibreglass suspended from 3 columns.

At the Policy and Resources Committee there were 4 votes for the £29,000 project going ahead and 4 votes against.

The Chairman David Christian using his casting vote in favour of the resolution. Often in such matters the Chairman (or in the House of Keys - The Speaker) uses his/her casting vote in favour of the Status Quo, which in this case I understand to be 'no gull', but things may be different within the gunnels of the Town Hall.

Against the resolution: Steven Pitts, Dot Pitts, Betty Quirk and Richie McNicholl

For the resolution: Colin Cain (The Mayor), Raina Chatel, RW Noble, Doreen Kinrade, and as mentioned, the Chairman David Christian.

On this matter, as with the Council Committee, my thoughts are ambivalent.

Link IoM Today

gull01gn5.gif

The good thing about virtual gulls is that they don't shite all over your car or loudly squawk you up on a morning just because they are getting a shag and you're not (jeez, do I announce to the world every time I'm getting laid??)

But in saying that, they are kinda cute and I'm sure the seaside would be a very different place without them.

See, told you I was ambivalent about them.

Archived