My Lovely Drive

ccm

I noticed it this morning.I travel into Onchan from the whitebridge and back that way sometimes when the fat bitches are driving to/from the schools back to lakeside or somewhere as close.I used to walk to school(about 1 mile)every day,why doesnt it happen anymore?Suppose the said "fat bitches"have to rush home to watch daytime tv and such shite.

Maybe they are using Lakeside as a cut through to Douglas prom as it's quicker to get to work than going down Governors Bridge. Bet you don't walk to work do you?

I'm sure a lot of parents would love to be able to walk their children to work, I know I would. However as most people do not work close to schools driving is the best option otherwise we would be late for work and have to leave early (thus cutting back on hours / pay).

However, now it's summer holidays I will be taking my little ones on lots of walks whilst the weather is nice and we don't have to rush for school / work. :)

I noticed it this morning.I travel into Onchan from the whitebridge and back that way sometimes when the fat bitches are driving to/from the schools back to lakeside or somewhere as close.I used to walk to school(about 1 mile)every day,why doesnt it happen anymore?Suppose the said "fat bitches"have to rush home to watch daytime tv and such shite.

Maybe they are using Lakeside as a cut through to Douglas prom as it's quicker to get to work than going down Governors Bridge. Bet you don't walk to work do you?

I'm sure a lot of parents would love to be able to walk their children to work, I know I would. However as most people do not work close to schools driving is the best option otherwise we would be late for work and have to leave early (thus cutting back on hours / pay).

However, now it's summer holidays I will be taking my little ones on lots of walks whilst the weather is nice and we don't have to rush for school / work. :)

Minxie,i would walk to work but being a self employed tradesman i need to lug my gear about the island.Why cant you let your children walk to school?Fair enough if they are very young but i would think the majority of children attending Onchan schools live close enough to walk.I know of people from the surrounding area,who dont work but that i see dropping of their darlings every morning.......

Why cant you let your children walk to school?Fair enough if they are very young but i would think the majority of children attending Onchan schools live close enough to walk.I know of people from the surrounding area,who dont work but that i see dropping of their darlings every morning.......

Firstly because he's only 4 years old (5 by next school year) and secondly because I am temporarily living outside the school area and it would be a bloody long walk :D Also as I already work reduced working hours I would have to cut back even more if I walked to / from school and I drop a baby off at a child minder also a way from the school so have to drive anyway.

• 1 month later...

Well you can tell the school holidays are over. In fact the traffic seems worse than ever in the mornings. I've wondered if it's because we're still in our 'it's a school holiday so i can leave for work ten minutes later than usual' mode?

Well, of course, when I was a lad we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel for breakfast, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt. if we were lucky! And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you. :whatever:

Archived