Gamesmaster

Mission

not at all, i was just curious.

both 101cd.com and blahdvd.com have got it for £26.95 deivered

you then get 8% back through quidco on 101 cd and 5% through blah dvd.

Just took a look at those links and they are both selling GOW for £39.99 so not much less than what I am selling it for

Game are doing it online at £37.99 but in store it is £44.99 with HMV being £44.95 so I am in touch with their prices.These prices were correct when I last checked.

Those prices have changed since i posted them links but you can still get gears of war for £26.99 delivered.

Best to keep checking find games for the cheapest price

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like to say I had a good experience at Gamesmaster and I'm very glad of its existance.

I went to Game today purely because that's where I've always gone in the past and have been a long term customer of theirs, and have noticed how much the place seems to be getting more and more disorganised. Especially in the queue department. Something definately seems to of changed for it to get the way it has, anyway I'm always happy to wait so this was no big issue.

The biggest issue I had was firstly I went to buy Bioshock which on the case (all the cases were the same), it stated it was the collectors edition. When I get to the counter with it they then tell me they only have a damaged collectors edition and only have the standard edition. Not the end of the world but not what was being advertised. Reminds me of the many times they've had 9 cases out of a certain game only to then say they don't have any in. Why have the cases on display if you don't have any?

Anyway, I decided I'll go ahead and get the standard edition and trade in some games I had. They scanned in the preowned games and then told me one of them wouldn't scan in so they wouldn't accept it. This took me a back as this is the first I've ever heard of such a thing, what's different about it from any other game? What's more I bought the bloody thing from them in the first place!!

In then end I said don't bother I'll buy it from the new shop in Ramsey, knowing I could trade the games in there.

Which I did, completely hassle free. Had a great chat and a great atmosphere.

Nice to see there's somewhere to take over from Games demise.

Nice to see there's somewhere to take over from Games demise.

That would probably be because Mark used to be the manager in GAME..... ;)

I totally agree though, GAME is now very disorganised!, But at least that other idiot has left/been sacked (Think he might have been another manager), He just used to stand outside smoking and chatting up girls for half the day! :lol:

Gamesmaster is a really good shop, it's exactly the sort of quality retail outlet that Ramsey seriously needs. I do remember the guy from when he worked at GAME and sort of thought "Hmmmm he seems a bit too good at what he does to be working in this place...." :D

I've bought my last two 360 games from Gamesmaster, and I'll definitely be going back there in future for all my purchases, I don't really like GAME, they're a bit of a shambles and they take the piss with prices both on trade-in values and what they then punt the same traded-in stuff out at - and I'll never forgive them for deliberately and knowingly trying to flog me a pre-owned game as a brand new copy.

As someone who lives in Ramsey, and considering that the guy is really good with trying to get his prices competitive, it's a total non-brainer for me to shop there, but I'd also encourage folks from elsewhere on the island to give him their custom as well, because in the face of the "comeover commercial concerns" (the three Cs!), it's nice to see a proper local business thrive not just because it's a local business, but because it's well run, friendly, good value, and a decent place to go to and do some games shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i can only agree, top quality shop, top quality fella running it, and also offering free island wide delivery, next day (subject to availability). Im based in douglas but game can suck a large 1 now, got too pissed off with a mental que and a brain dead chump behind the counter who doesnt know his arse hole from his elbow. Here here to good old small enterprise. Lets all boycot Game and HMV, they arnt island based companies, gamesmatser is so lets all try to keep it afloat for the sake of island enterprises!! :P

Archived