Ego Trip

Last Ten

Just read this article and thought of a certain Douglas Councilor!!

COUNCIL leader Roy Oldham has been accused of being on “a massive ego trip” after it emerged his house has been etched into a map of Mottram’s places of historical interest.

The £3,000 map was unveiled last week at Jollies Corner, Mottram, and is the first in a series of bronze maps showcasing Tameside’s jewels of cultural heritage.

Source

Just wondering if one of our well known Councilors will insist in something similar in Douglas to mark their house :rolleyes::D:P

Last 10

Just read this article and thought of a certain Douglas Councilor!!

COUNCIL leader Roy Oldham has been accused of being on “a massive ego trip” after it emerged his house has been etched into a map of Mottram’s places of historical interest.

The £3,000 map was unveiled last week at Jollies Corner, Mottram, and is the first in a series of bronze maps showcasing Tameside’s jewels of cultural heritage.

Source

Just wondering if one of our well known Councilors will insist in something similar in Douglas to mark their house :rolleyes::D:P

Last 10

I used to live in Tameside and knew Roy Oldham because my old man was a councillor. He as a prize pillock then and obviously hasn't changed (Roy Oldham that is, not my old man! :rolleyes: )

As far as I am aware I don't think the leader of the council actually lives in Douglas but has his Ma's address in Pulrose or somewhere like that.

There's nought wrong with that as such because for example Tony Blair, a man very similar to David in proportional scale of United Kingdom to Isle of Man, didn't actually live in his constituency did he but stayed and worked in London.

Are there any Douglas Councillors who don't actually live in Douglas though?

Surprises me if they dont, since theyre amongst the few who can actually afford to buy a Douglas property.

Saw possibly the ugliest flat in history going in Douglas for £230,000 the other day. The worlds gone mad! You can get a 3 bedroom semi detached with front and back garden and built in garage for that in Farm Hill.

Archived