Beach Mission At Port St Mary

lisner

Port St Mary Beach Mission - Manx Radio News

This takes me back to the days of the Beach Club at Port Erin and also Sunshine Corner in the winter, which I believe was held in various church halls throughout the Island for children. Singing songs on the beach and playing fun games.

"Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam"

It takes me to the days when lisner was a cherubic innocent sweet child and the Island offered no cause for cynicism.

Does anyone else on the forum remember the Beach Club . . . . . . ?

I used to live on Port St Mary Prom as a kid and every year one of the happy clappy organisers pounce on me to get me to join the "fun". Never went.

You miserable git Declan :D I used to go to the Port St Mary Beach Mission, and thought it was great fun - it wasn't all about singing hymns and stuff.

What good would that do? Wouldn't he just get bored and walk away after a bit?

Indeed, still at least no-one came out with the whale jokes, of that I can be thankful...

What good would that do? Wouldn't he just get bored and walk away after a bit?

Indeed, still at least no-one came out with the whale jokes, of that I can be thankful...

Yep, all those happy clappy organisers would be trying to roll him back into the sea. :rolleyes:

I used to go to the Peel Beach Mission - didn't really understand or care about all the jesus guff - I just wanted a little green sticker for having built the best sand castle.

I used to go to the Peel Beach Mission - didn't really understand or care about all the jesus guff - I just wanted a little green sticker for having built the best sand castle.

Ditto!!

Spent many a happy summer morn ,on peel beach !.

I seem to remember it used to start about 10am, and the uniforms they wore were blue shorts and yellow tops with blue trim ?

Don't think I ever won the sand castle competition though,although I must say! some of the female "god squaddies" were quite fit??.

Archived