Another Newspaper?

Amadeus

...but just think of the new leads it'll give certain forum members for intruige every week - remember, just because you haven't been told doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!!

I think it has the potential for huge knockabout fun, so long as nobody takes it seriously!

It's not so much fun when you have to negotiate libel and contempt laws and when you realise the only way to fund the venture is through advertising and then you get accused of pandering to them and having no objectivity.

Oh, and if it does find success it will breed contempt and will then be accused of selling out and becoming mainstream

It's not so much fun when you have to negotiate libel and contempt laws and when you realise the only way to fund the venture is through advertising and then you get accused of pandering to them and having no objectivity.

Oh, and if it does find success it will breed contempt and will then be accused of selling out and becoming mainstream

As I understand it neither Peter nor his party are going to run it or be involved in Editorial or reporting

It is just that he is the focus of the attempt to attrcat interested persons to explore a possible launch

I agree that you could draw alternative conclusions from the flyer

Despite our independent status, we're effectively just a semi-rural area of 80,000 people -

I wish we could make up our minds whether we are one of the richest independent nations with one of the fastest growing economies in the world or we are some backwater with a population less than the likes of Darlington, Hartlepool or Wigan.

Despite our independent status, we're effectively just a semi-rural area of 80,000 people -

I wish we could make up our minds whether we are one of the richest independent nations with one of the fastest growing economies in the world or we are some backwater with a population less than the likes of Darlington, Hartlepool or Wigan.

Well depends whether you mean economically or culturally. Culturally, and this is by no means meant in a derogatory way, we're probably closer to a small semi-rural town. Economically speaking we're wealthier (per person) than most nations (17th on the CIA's rankings), but we're by no means one of the fastest growing economies in the world: we're 99th, just below the world average with a growth rate of 5.2%.

Archived