Caravans

John Wright

From time to time there is a posting about whether Caravans are legal here or not.

I always say they are.

Proof, if needed, is at the Grandstand campsite, covered with caravans from a Yorkshire caravan and motor caravan club over on a rally and staying on a Governemnt run faciolity

Shows you can get over and stay with a caravan

Slightly off topic but its a joy travelling behind camper vans on our island roads.Usually driven by retired folk who you cant drive their nissan micra safely,never mind a 40 ft campervan.Always have to stop at beauty spots,right at the front and block everyone elses view.I saute you!

Even more off topic,thanks to the old cunt on woodbourne road who rang up the traffic warden to move me on as i was parked in the back lane whilst doing a job at 131 today.And the cunt had a campervan.....

Shame on you Mr Wright!!

Caravans are permitted on the Isle of Man provided you apply to DoLGE in advance in writing stating when you're coming over, where you'll be staying and how long you'll be staying here. That goes before the planning committee who meet once a week. If your application is successful, then you can take your acceptance letter to the Steam Packet who will then consent to carry your shed on wheels.

Provided you can afford the Steam Packet fares, you're in. Most caravan owners are so tight, hopefully that should be enough to keep them away.

Shame on you Mr Wright!!

Caravans are permitted on the Isle of Man provided you apply to DoLGE in advance in writing stating when you're coming over, where you'll be staying and how long you'll be staying here. That goes before the planning committee who meet once a week. If your application is successful, then you can take your acceptance letter to the Steam Packet who will then consent to carry your shed on wheels.

Provided you can afford the Steam Packet fares, you're in. Most caravan owners are so tight, hopefully that should be enough to keep them away.

Shame on you ThieBane. ;)

You do have to write to DLGE to advise on dates and location but its not a formal application or considered by the planning committee. The planning committee changed to meeting every three weeks or so following the introduction of new legislation in November 2005. Their meetings and agenda have been open to the public since that time.

Shame on you Mr Wright!!

Shame on you ThieBane. ;)

You do have to write to DLGE to advise on dates and location but its not a formal application or considered by the planning committee. The planning committee changed to meeting every three weeks or so following the introduction of new legislation in November 2005. Their meetings and agenda have been open to the public since that time.

Piss.

Is it too late to edit :o)

if caravans are allowed? why is it not permissible to have a caravan park?? that is a group of semi permanently located caravans used as chalets for holiday makers? better than tents, cheaper than any other option to get up and running.

*grabs semtex and heads for Noble's Park*

Don't forget the detonators - here, I'll get them for you.

Either of you need a lift up there? :D

if caravans are allowed? why is it not permissible to have a caravan park?? that is a group of semi permanently located caravans used as chalets for holiday makers? better than tents, cheaper than any other option to get up and running.

Ace - our own 'trailer park'.

*grabs semtex and heads for Noble's Park*

Don't forget the detonators - here, I'll get them for you.

Either of you need a lift up there? :D

Ace - our own 'trailer park'.

cool, what constitutes a "redneck" in the isle of man?

I stand by my original post

The Dolge thing is for temporary planning for a caravan site

There is no actual restriction on caravans as such, there are just no camp sites

SAteam packet is historic, before 1978 and Manx Line they could not bring caravans over, the boats would not take them

As for caravan parks, thats a pl;nning matter. Wopuld you want them?

Archived