Welcome To The Police State..

Amadeus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Sunday Times:

You're taking liberties with our DNA

I quote:

Putting the entire population on the database is an abuse of the freedom of the individual in itself. It offers terrible and so far unimagined abuses in the future; the better the DNA code can be read, the more complex and extreme the abuses could be. The risks of conspiracy would conspire with the greater risks of cockup.

and

British bureaucrats and politicians have an appalling record with computers and personal information. The massive NHS database is a shameful case in point. Everyone in their right minds will try to stay off it. So too are the many errors of the tax and benefit system, which makes mistakes that are almost tragic when poor people suddenly find themselves in serious debt.

and

the Chinese are particularly good at hacking into other countries’ sensitive information, including our own military and Foreign Office computers.

Quote fromt he comments section:

If all our DNA is put on the database, the State is effectively saying that we are all potential criminals, which most of us will never be; it is thus a breach of our basic right to be considered innocent unless proven guilty

• 2 weeks later...

I have not commited a crime. I am not a criminal or a suspect. Therefore, I do not intend to give the police my DNA. The only way they will get it without my permission is by assaulting me. I.e. holding me down and shoving a swab down my mouth or forcibly cutting my hair.

Serious stuff this. I don't know why UK social culture has to be mimicked here.

I have not commited a crime. I am not a criminal or a suspect. Therefore, I do not intend to give the police my DNA. The only way they will get it without my permission is by assaulting me. I.e. holding me down and shoving a swab down my mouth or forcibly cutting my hair.

It may come to that one day.....................

‘Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned

‘Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned

Ministers are also proposing a huge expansion of police powers to take fingerprints, DNA and other samples from offenders and store them on national databases. People caught speeding, failing to wear a seat belt, allowing their dog to foul the footpath and dropping litter could be forced to give fingerprints or DNA to police for checking against other databases.

Too far, just too far....

Suspects would be held for up to four hours in a small room with a clear plastic front so they were visible to custody officers at all times during their detention.

Why not put them in the shop windows after conviction. What about the stocks or the occassional public flogging.

In that case there should also be CCTV cameras operating, after all, how many 'custody officers' have died in custody suite as opposed to those in custody?

Inspired idea. Big room, cctv cameras with weblinks, and offer all the chavs the opportunity to partake in IOM Tesco Little Brother, we'll fill it in no time.

Archived