Farmers Market

Amadeus

Slightly on topic...

The disinfected mats that they had at all the public buildings during the last F+M episode - why did they take them away? In particular at the hospital. Makes sense to me that of all places that's where they should be kept to stop people walking bacteria in (and out) of the hospital.

Homer: Ah, not a bear in sight! the Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning dad.

Homer: Thank you honey.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Homer: uhuh.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around here, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

- stolen from another MB

why not shut down the ports and airports ? - the 2001 UK outbreak indicated that the tourist industry on the Island was worth more than the livestock market - total value of livestock on the calf must be negligible

Dammit - I was thinking of taking me herd there tomorrow - suppose I'll have to watch telly instead.

These people who decide these things are jobsworths and pathetic - whatever happened to using a bit of judgment! I suspect they would all make very good compliance officers in banks, etc - typical thought process consists of :sharpintakeofbreath: "well, if the most unlikely thing in the world were to happen and we took no preventitive action how bad would that look?" - you know the mentality.

They're so insignificant they just like the public to be reminded every now and then that they exist. Bit like the idiots who play around with the emergencey sirens (maybe even the same nutters) when hardly anyody knows what they mean when they are set off :rolleyes:

Love the Simpsons quote - it describes this situation well!

calf of man is now closed to all visitors and also the wildlife park

Homer: Ah, not a bear in sight! the Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning dad.

Homer: Thank you honey.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around here, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

- stolen from another MB

why not shut down the ports and airports ? - the 2001 UK outbreak indicated that the tourist industry on the Island was worth more than the livestock market - total value of livestock on the calf must be negligible

After all this is the Isle of Man. A bit like sounding the siren every quarter 'they' do it because . . . . they can.

Some people in life don't have very much power but when it lands on their lap they don't half use it.

'"well, if the most unlikely thing in the world were to happen and we took no preventitive action how bad would that look?" - you know the mentality.'

Stookie, you've got it in one. The 'mentality' has penetrated and has become the norm in so many areas of decision making that rational evaluation of a problem has all but been irradicated. We, the people, are to blame for this because we meekily and unquestioningly accept the tripe that our decision makers take on our behalf. The cancellation of the farmers' market is a glowing example of total illogicallity and knee-jerk reaction but.......the decision will be accepted. Going off topic slightly, the howls of protest over the electricity price rises will disappear on the wind. Until 'the people' take positive action such as hold the farmers' market elsewhere or 10000 march on Tynwald to say 'No' and mean 'No' to the MEA rise, the lunatics, who we elected to the asylum, will continue to run it.

It sounds rude, but I hope they have kept all the sperms of the animals which we saw at the Show field last week or was it the week before?

Archived