The Manx Herald, The Free Press

John Barber

The Manx Herald, www.manxherald.com, is here, is free, and is available to anyone who wishes to log on. The Paper gives unbiased, nonpolitical good quality reporting on local politics, other items of political or national interest, along with coverage local events There is no Government advertising, no Government influence nore any other influence on the Editorial output other than good, honest, unbiased reporting.

Peter Karran, MHK, and leader of Liberal Vannin, is hosting a bit of a do to drum up funding for the putative Manx Guardian, a News Paper free of political , governmental or advertiser pressure. The object is, it is claimed, to give to the people of the Isle of Man an unbiased, primarily political, source of news regarding the goings on in Tynwald and other parts of our legislature. But you will have to pay for Mr. Karrans paper, if it ever gets of the ground.

Why wait. The Manx Herald is here, now!

The Paper gives unbiased, nonpolitical :lol: good quality reporting on local politics, other items of political or national interest, along with coverage local events There is no Government advertising, no Government influence nore any other influence on the Editorial output other than good, honest, unbiased :lol: reporting.

You're a funny man!

The font on 'news reports' is all bunched up - which looks totally unprofessional and makes it difficult and a pain to read. Are you likely to sort it out?

Plus - the editor doesn't seem to spokes good england. What are all the ? ? / dotted around the stories for? How is it unbiased if you call things 'stupid' (e.g. Mec Vannin story) and the clearly biased 'Do we really need a runway extension' story. Plus the term is 'apolitical' not nonpolitical - which seems an irrelevant point from what I have read so far.

...and first isn't always best...first often comes in the form of a naff prototype.

what's all this about ?

Ronaldsway�s main runway isn�t the shortest

could be �under-passed�

Jurby �Airport�

Other Island�s

Airport�s Division

next few years � and

the dreaded apsotrope stikes again !

Mmmmm they need a professional wordsmith in there to sort it out. And what is with the font? You can sum it up in one word - awful !

I'm just delighted that somebody(ies) have actually taken the time to print information worth reading , on subjects of national interest .

I don't give a Toss if it's biased or not (as long as it true)!

Are people saying that the local tabloid press is not biased??

Bollocks! , I'm sick of paying good money in order to read shite and waffle.

Every week it seems to be getting worse , page after page of government ads ,Dandara ads and W.i.meetings + terry cringle looking forward to going back -------------- shite .shite, and more shite -----------

The local tabloid press is (I.M.O)at this moment in time an insult to the intelligence of the people of the Isle of Man!

Blatant govm'nt propaganda?

I'm just delighted that somebody(ies) have actually taken the time to print information worth reading , on subjects of national interest .

Every week it seems to be getting worse , page after page of government ads ,Dandara ads and W.i.meetings + terry cringle looking forward to going back -------------- shite .shite, and more shite -----------

The local tabloid press is (I.M.O)at this moment in time an insult to the intelligence of the people of the Isle of Man!

You dont writ for them do you?

They are making claims on here which are demonstrably not true IMO as regard bias, apoliticalness and basic grammer. This is all too evident in their stories. Everyone welcomes any new initiative - but it does need to be credible.

Everyone starts off with 100% credibility in my book - and it's up to them to lose it. I will be very supportive if they sort some of these issues out - otherwise it'll never feature in 'my favourites'.

You dont writ for them do you?

They are making claims on here which are demonstrably not true IMO as regard bias, apoliticalness and basic grammer. This is all too evident in their stories. Everyone welcomes any new initiative - but it does need to be credible.

Everyone starts off with 100% credibility in my book - and it's up to them to lose it. I will be very supportive if they sort some of these issues out - otherwise it'll never feature in 'my favourites'.

No I work for the Govm't!

How is it unbiased if you call things 'stupid' (e.g. Mec Vannin story)

I was going to say that you don't have to be politically biased to think some of Mec Vannin's policies a bit stupid, but reading the story it turns out they didn't actually call anything stupid: The word appears in a quote from a diatribe issued by Mec Vannin.

I don't have a problem with people writing what they want on the internet (freedom of speech et al) but I would question the claims about being unbiased. Why does this Island seem to breed so many conspiracy theorists? It must be depressing being so paranoid.

How is it unbiased if you call things 'stupid' (e.g. Mec Vannin story)

I was going to say that you don't have to be politically biased to think some of Mec Vannin's policies a bit stupid, but reading the story it turns out they didn't actually call anything stupid: The word appears in a quote from a diatribe issued by Mec Vannin.

So it does - I withdraw that point then - though which still leaves many others to be answered.

I don't have a problem with people writing what they want on the internet (freedom of speech et al) but I would question the claims about being unbiased. Why does this Island seem to breed so many conspiracy theorists? It must be depressing being so paranoid.

it''s not too bad when you get used to it?

Oh fuck ! I can hear voices ,got to go!

Too many speeling errors for me. You think someone would have prof read it.

As I said they need a pro wordsmith to iron out all the bugs and typos.

Yes, even the best rags feature the odd typo or two, even the might Times (it can be full of them on some days!).

I would offer to do it myself, but I have to charge (need to feed the family/live etc), and I have a deadline for a book, which I have to keep.

Archived