The Manx Herald, The Free Press

John Barber

I'd start by changing the font. Then find out why all those question marks are popping up - and fix it. After that it won't be took bad the layout isn't terrible. Must be a pain proof reading that, font right and lose the question marks and it'll be less of an onerous task to check for spelling errors.

I'd start by changing the font. Then find out why all those question marks are popping up - and fix it. After that it won't be took bad the layout isn't terrible. Must be a pain proof reading that, font right and lose the question marks and it'll be less of an onerous task to check for spelling errors.

I would hazard a guess that the text may be imported from various word processors and the 'filter' used to import the text isn't working properly, I've seen this before where quotation marks and £ signs have been substituted with other characters for example when importing a word processing file from a Mac to a PC and vice-versa.

Or possibly text is coming in on paper, scanned and the OCR package may be substituting question marks for characters it doesn't recognise.

Overall I think the layout is pretty clean and well balanced, but a bit of proof reading and a sans font for the main body would do wonders!

Archived