Mgp, On Or Off?

WTF

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, it looked to me like he was on Snaefell BUT the top seemed fenced off with barriers?????

Yep, a fenced-off Snaefell. Now it may be me but isn't the IOM rather a long way from Surrey? Because that makes the Tynwald response look completely OTT, especially as the footpaths around the "watch" zone in Surrey are all open. Still, I never met a landowner yet who wasn't pleased with a footpath closure for whatever reason (why oh why wasn't it Clarkson driving that dragster....) and it gives the IOM Gov the opportunity to look decisive.... or something. Rare in IOM politics let's be fair.

Dear me, don't they realise how pathetic they look sometimes.......

that's been my point all along - even after the last outbreak no one produced any evidence that walkers transmitted the disease - all so far have been industry transmission (vets, dealers, shared fields etc) - kneejerk reaction - maybe we could ask for the scientific advice that caused the Manx government to react more strongly than the local action near the outbreak.

Well the latest news is that the FAM is contained only to surrey, as the last farm to be tested was given the all clear.

I see the Mgp would have went on regardless of FAM, so the question is what makes more money? farmers or tourism?

I had to laugh at the poster would said closing the island off to protect it from FAM, could you imagine the amount of money lost and complaints there would have been!?

Not to mention the IOM would run out of food within a week.

Well the latest news is that the FAM is contained only to surrey, as the last farm to be tested was given the all clear.

I see the Mgp would have went on regardless of FAM, so the question is what makes more money? farmers or tourism?

I had to laugh at the poster would said closing the island off to protect it from FAM, could you imagine the amount of money lost and complaints there would have been!?

Not to mention the IOM would run out of food within a week.

It has run out of food...... see my post!!

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19577

:( :(

I guess for some farmers it is tourism. I find it interesting that while they all want us to respect their land and keep off footpaths that go across them, and much of the mountain is closed to walkers and MGP spectators they seem to be less concerned about the issue when there is a few quid involved. The camp sites on various farms appear to be gearing up and you would have thought that if the farmers were so concerned about the issue they would not be running them.

Archived