The Who Live In Peel

Onchanguy

Did anyone else buy the double CD and DVD of The Who's Peel gig?

I am just watching the DVD and it is a great reminder of the gig.

The sound is far better than on the night and for those of us standing at the back a chance to see what the band did instead of watching the screen films (good though they were).

The quality of footage on the DVD is not as good as you would get on a "proper" dvd release but that's because it was only filmed on a few cameras and edited and released in about 6 weeks instead of a year that a concert DVD would normally take.

Cost me $44.00 plus $7.44 post and packing from http:/www.themusic.com/. Haven't had my credit card bill yet but $51.44 will be about £26 or £27 so pretty good value for a double CD and DVD and p&p from the States.

I believe The Who give the money from the concert CDs and DVDs to charity and bootleggers do not get to rip people off with cr@p CDs and DVDs so everyone is a winner.

why dont you run copies off and sell them to locals, i know a few ppl whod pay a fiver for a copy and that would get your money back...

Bootleggers don't rip people off. If you buy a bootleg cd you are aware that the sound quality has a potential to be a bit dodgy, and you take that risk.

We'll have to agree to differ on that point. Bootleggers do rip people off with high prices for dodgy recordings and cheap CD-Rs with shoddy artwork. Charging £10.00+ for a cr@p CD-R is a rip-off.

why dont you run copies off and sell them to locals, i know a few ppl whod pay a fiver for a copy and that would get your money back...

Because that would make me as bad as the bootleggers - see the above post.

I will copy for a couple of friends who were at the gig but that is all.

Sorry for the two posts but I did not know how to put two quotes in one post.

Bootleggers don't rip people off. If you buy a bootleg cd you are aware that the sound quality has a potential to be a bit dodgy, and you take that risk.

We'll have to agree to differ on that point. Bootleggers do rip people off with high prices for dodgy recordings and cheap CD-Rs with shoddy artwork. Charging £10.00+ for a cr@p CD-R is a rip-off.

How is it a rip-off if the customer is knows that is what they are buying. A applaud the The Who's approach to this, but most bands don't do that, and that means all the bootleggers are doing is supplying something that wouldn't have otherwise been available.

How is it a rip-off if the customer is knows that is what they are buying. A applaud the The Who's approach to this, but most bands don't do that, and that means all the bootleggers are doing is supplying something that wouldn't have otherwise been available.

The reason it's not available is because the bands do not want it available. As The Who, Asia, Peter Gabriel and others show that if they want concert recordings made available then they will. Other bands obviously do not want the concerts made available and that is their prerogative.

Because that would make me as bad as the bootleggers - see the above post.

I will copy for a couple of friends who were at the gig but that is all.

Sorry for the two posts but I did not know how to put two quotes in one post.

Yeh, I wouldn't mind a copy for a fiver!

Archived