It's So So Quiet!

Max Power

Has anyone noticed just how quiet the island is at the moment?

I drove across the promenade at 8pm on Tuesday evening and again last night, and considering the holiday period is at it's height I can't remember it ever being as quiet as this at any time, even during the winter?

Whatever we are doing in an effort to attract visitors, it seems that it's not working? What is the answer?

Well yesterday afternoon Douglas Promenade was quite busy and there were a few dozen people swimming in the sea too.

I was thinking how busy it all was

This hole?? As opposed to a country where blokes stick swords into bulls for a lark, architects design churches like my Nana used to make table lamps out of whisky bottles and sea shells, F1 drivers are like big girl's blouses, and everything you eat is swimming in olive oil??

Give me Douglas over Barcelona any day!

He's right about drinking at home.

£3.04 for a pint of Heineken tonight.......in........Sam Webbs!

The place is a dive, and it costs £3 a pint. There were people in there drinking Carling from pint cans. Classy.

This is in the middle of our capitals sea front. No wonder town is quiet

This hole?? As opposed to a country where blokes stick swords into bulls for a lark, architects design churches like my Nana used to make table lamps out of whisky bottles and sea shells, F1 drivers are like big girl's blouses, and everything you eat is swimming in olive oil??

Give me Douglas over Barcelona any day!

Hee hee. That's a splendid post.

And Overdose - Peel definitely is getting busier all the time. Everyone comes to Peel because Douglas is shite. We're actually seeing population migration in action. Next thing you know, the Peel City Guardian will turn Daily Mail and start grumbling about Douglas immigrants stealing all the locals' ice cream...no doubt their jobs, too...

I've noticed that as well. I think as well as there being no tourists a lot of islanders are elsewhere. Just what is the tourist department doing to attract tourists? Does anybody know?

I drove across the promenade at 8pm on Tuesday evening and again last night, and considering the holiday period is at it's height I can't remember it ever being as quiet as this at any time, even during the winter?

Whatever we are doing in an effort to attract visitors, it seems that it's not working? What is the answer?

I've noticed that as well. I think as well as there being no tourists a lot of islanders are elsewhere. Just what is the tourist department doing to attract tourists? Does anybody know?

It was chocka on douglas roads when I went for my weekly shop at around 2-3. Town was pretty busy aswell.

Archived