Last Night Of The Traf.

Lucy

Not a happy post for me, but I've been asked by Earle to post a message to the effect that Saturday 18th of August is to be the last gig at the Traf hosted by Earle & Kath.

Any bands wanting to play should contact Earle on 320323.

Pretty much every band who's hit a stage on the Island over the last five years owes Earle and Kath a huge amount of respect and gratitude. It's not an understatement to say that, without their support and encouragement, there'd be no live original music scene on the Island to speak of, whether Traf, Cornerhouse, Jak's, Strand 58, Creek or BBB or wherever. The Island's live music scene will suffer the loss of Earle & Kath at the Traff immeasurably.

Come one, come all and help us give them a legendary send-off.

Where are Kath and Earle going? I heard that the Traf itself might not be a pub much longer :whistling:

Earle's running the Rovers and Kath's got another - non-pub - job.

I think the demise of the Traf is likely to be pretty swift once they've gone. I reckon the Brewery might be a little surprised at how quickly the takings become negligible...

Earle and Kath supported 'Electrofresh' in its very embryonic stages, Good to see SOME landlords/ladies helping to support local music. Im sure they WILL be sadly missed.

Tip of the hat to them both.

Archived