Norman Wisdom In Island Nursing Home

Albert Tatlock

Judging by the picture in the article I'd say that's a photo of his home NOT a nursing home. As for local press I always thought they got their stories from reading the English papers anyway

Hmm..that looks like a monster of a story for the Island - how come it's in the Mail and not the local ones first?

Because it involved some investigative journalism and not just lifting and transposing copy from other sources including Manxforums...

Very sad story. He was a very funny guy and a gentleman.

My grandpa's good friend is in there with him. She said that he went strait away up to her when he moved in and introduced himself.

Very sad story. He was a very funny guy and a gentleman.

your words make it sound like he has died..

Norman Wisdom is one of the nicest, most genuine and decent men I have ever had the good fortune to meet - a national treasure for the UK and a great ambassador for the Isle of Man. He deserves to live out his days with the best care available. I wish nothing but the best for him.

I take whatever the Mail on Sunday says with a large pinch of salt, but if there is any suggestion that he is being treated unfairly in any way, it should be investigated and, if necessary, the Manx authorities should intervene to protect his interests.

"I take whatever the Mail on Sunday says with a large pinch of salt"

So do I. They are hardly known for unbiased reporting over the years. However it there is any truth to it I feel very sorry for him.

Only two years ago he was guest speaker at a dinner in Douglas I attended. He was singing and dancing around like a fifty year old and he was very very funny. Good luck Norman.

Norman Wisdom is one of the nicest, most genuine and decent men I have ever had the good fortune to meet - a national treasure for the UK and a great ambassador for the Isle of Man. He deserves to live out his days with the best care available. I wish nothing but the best for him.

I take whatever the Mail on Sunday says with a large pinch of salt, but if there is any suggestion that he is being treated unfairly in any way, it should be investigated and, if necessary, the Manx authorities should intervene to protect his interests.

Don't be giving them ideas?

As it’s the Daily Mail there must be a reference to Princess Diana, asylum seekers, Polish plumbers and the rise of Islam in the story.

You forgot dear little Maddy.

Just like her parents did.

That's a very keyboarderesque comment. Except I didn't laugh at it.

No - a keyboarderesque comment would be an almost random interjection calculated for maximum shock value. This strikes me as a pretty fair comment.

Archived