Ballakermeen School

Last Ten

Just read this article on iom newspapers website;

Source

Skylights smashed at Ballakermeen High School

VANDALS have caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to a Douglas school.

Five skylights on the roof of Ballakermeen High School were smashed overnight on Thursday/Friday by people climbing on the roof.

Constable Paddy Moore said: 'The skylights concerned have a replacement cost of about £1,000 each and there will be additional clean up costs, as the broken skylights allowed rain water into the computer room below.

'The area is being frequented by youths during the schools holidays and I would urge them to contact me if they know who is responsible.'

A Department of Education spokesman said: 'We are always concerned when vandalism is caused to our properties because it diverts money to the repairs that could be used for other purposes.

'The other thing that concerns us is that people are climbing up on roofs and there is a danger that they could injure themselves.'

Anyone with information is asked to contact police headquarters on 631212 or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.

My question is; as the Dept of Education have spent many thousands of pounds on CCTV around this school, why has that not helped the Police in nabbing these vandals?

Another Government money well spent project!!!!! :angry:

Last Ten

It would help if the DOE didn't have an open gate policy for schools after hours.
Hi sarahc

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but if they lock stock and barreled their premises, I think they may worry a bit on how the Fire Service would gain access in fire emergency!

Just a thought?

Last 10

Hi sarahc

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but if they lock stock and barreled their premises, I think they may worry a bit on how the Fire Service would gain access in fire emergency!

Just a thought?

Last 10

Something tells me the fire service isn't too bothered about locks...

mfireaxebs2.jpg

£1000 to replace a window? thats rude. I replaced a pane of glass in our house the other day, the glass cost £5.68 the putty was £2.98 and the beading was another £3.26, it took me about 3 hours (to take out the old glass and putty and replace the window complete with mitred beading & sunk tacks)....time for a change of career me thinks......More fool them for paying £1000 to fix a window.

'The skylights concerned have a replacement cost of about £1,000 each and there will be additional clean up costs, as the broken skylights allowed rain water into the computer room below.

How times change.......... there wasn't a puter room when I was at Balla.

Hey does anyone remember the rabbits and other little furry creatures that were kept in the garden in what used to be the girls old section??

'The skylights concerned have a replacement cost of about £1,000 each and there will be additional clean up costs, as the broken skylights allowed rain water into the computer room below.

How times change.......... there wasn't a puter room when I was at Balla.

Hey does anyone remember the rabbits and other little furry creatures that were kept in the garden in what used to be the girls old section??

Same era as me, but now you mention it, I think there were rabbits in the enclosed garden area?

Just read this article on iom newspapers website;

'The area is being frequented by youths during the schools holidays and I would urge them to contact me if they know who is responsible.'

'The other thing that concerns us is that people are climbing up on roofs and there is a danger that they could injure themselves.'

This really does make me laugh, bet you the bastards that are doing this are the one's who are always skiving from the school when it is acually open, they should cover the roof in that vandal paint stuff and goose grease on the drain pipes (like they did when i was there) and when it gets on all their clothes and then they fall and break hopefully their leg or another important body part you would know who is doing it ,

if the parents had any responsibility about bring up their own children and were not to rely on the comuminty to do it for them they should give the little bastards a bloodly good clip round the ear if they came home with their best chav gear covered in this stuff and if it doesn't work get the cops round to give them a talking to :angry:

Even better if the kids are too young to prosecute nail the parents. they are responsible for letting their little gits run riot cause there not interested enough in them to keep an eye on whta there upto and what time they get home.

In my day if the police took me home to my dad he'd half kill me, now the parents are more likely to have a pop at the cops.

Archived