Bioshock Demo...

K.os Theory

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it just crapped out again at 2%.....

Fortunately it does seem to remember where it was up to, so I've kicked off the download again and it's started at 2%. Form to date suggests it will get to 3% and then crap out again, so I'll have to start it again from 3%.

ai_Droid, you're going to have to ring your missus and instruct her that she will not be moving away from your 360 all day, and that she will be expected to intervene 100 times in the course of getting the Bioshock demo ready for you to play when you get home.

Also tell her that you want your tea on the table when you get in.

Hmmmm a couple of hours might be somewhat optimistic, I can only assume Microsoft's servers are getting a serious hammering at the moment, I'd say total data throughput is around 30-40KB/s at best (a 2 meg line maxed out would be 235KB/s), so getting 1.35GB is going to take a long time.

On top of that, the download decided to crap out before it had even hit 2%, and informed me that it had finished (when of course it hadn't), so I've had to start it again.

I would definitely recommend you give your wife a call to get the download kicked off ai_Droid, it might just have finished by the time you get home from work.....

UPDATE - Download now at 2% - woohoo!

Archived