Manx Grand Prix

ccm

Even if you do feel inconvenienced by waiting for your package is it in fact life threatening. If not then stop getting so wound up, relax, take life a little easier.

Ironically, the thing that's stopping me getting my package is in fact life threatening. Which obviously takes priority. You're right, it's not me who should get your sympathy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Oh we could be into the whole how dangerous are the races argument, which I think is actually pointless when the people who take part have the choice whether to do so or not and have complete control of their degree of participation.

Roads are in themselves dangerous - otherwise people wouldn't get killed on them, to extend your argument we should shut them all permanently as well. Der..............

That's an extension of the argument I put forward IN YOUR MIND, not the one I actually put forward on this thread.

An extension of MY argument would be to close all roads especially for me whenever I needed to use them, so I could collect my package and go the skip with out fear of other people hindering my progress. And I'm fully in favour of that.

That's an extension of the argument I put forward IN YOUR MIND, not the one I actually put forward on this thread.

An extension of MY argument would be to close all roads especially for me whenever I needed to use them, so I could collect my package and go the skip with out fear of other people hindering my progress. And I'm fully in favour of that.

or just use another courier and have your packages delivered to spring valley instead of snugborough if its that important.

alternatively move closer to the manufacturer of said live or death product by getting the boat......in the morning

This whole argument that it has run for 60,80 ..100 years and thus must run in future is nonsense - the Island had public executions for many centuries but these have now ceased - times change. My own argument with the petrol heads is not specificially about the TT etc but the pernicious effect this has on the road toll on the Island - my estimate is that the inability to put traffic calming measures on sections of the mountain Road costs 3 or 4 lives + many serious casualties per year - self policing by motorists is a waste of time as all drivers, myself included, consider themselves capable of tacking bends etc at speed,s that looked in hindsight, are not safe - all other authorites seeing such a toll on certain roads would have done something about it.

they practice every day in the week upto TT, as the MGP. Indeed they also used to practice morning and night.

As for the mountain road and traffic calming I'm not certain that this road is in fact the area where most fatalities occur. Perhaps the DoT could actually publish so genuine, factual and relavent statistics to justify the arbitory way the seem to inflict "improvements" on our roads.

Having practices every night of the week is a bit of a ballache I have to say, isn't it only Mon-Wed-Fri for TT?

No I think it was every night but I think the Saturday one was cancelled because they didn't need it.

Having practices every night of the week is a bit of a ballache I have to say, isn't it only Mon-Wed-Fri for TT?

No I think it was every night but I think the Saturday one was cancelled because they didn't need it.

saturday is usually first practice, traditionally however its rained off

As for the mountain road and traffic calming I'm not certain that this road is in fact the area where most fatalities occur. Perhaps the DoT could actually publish so genuine, factual and relavent statistics to justify the arbitory way the seem to inflict "improvements" on our roads.

they did publish a map of road deaths in last 10 years as part of the campaign for an all-island speed limit (there was a ref somewhere on a previous thread relating to TT) - the mountain road was bright red on it

saturday is usually first practice, traditionally however its rained off

Yep that'd be it.

It was sea misted off tonight wasn't it?

they did publish a map of road deaths in last 10 years as part of the campaign for an all-island speed limit (there was a ref somewhere on a previous thread relating to TT) - the mountain road was bright red on it

I'd be interested on seeing it.

The Dot has however proved that less accidents occur on roads which have been brought up to full ACU racing standards, though for th elife of me I don't see why we should invest so much on road improvements just because a few boy/girl racers can't slow down a little to drive round real corners.

they practice every day in the week upto TT, as the MGP. Indeed they also used to practice morning and night.

Well I find the whole thing to be extremely irritating and noisy.

All MGP competitors should get on the next boat in the morning. (And the marshals too, just to be safe.)

Archived