Manx Grand Prix

ccm

I'm not joking, I really am sick of the road closures. There's a parcel waiting for me in Snugborough, the note for it is at my Mum's. I don't think I'll be able to get it until next week unless I take time off work because of the road closures. Bank holiday on Monday, great I'll spend the day clearing out the garage and going to the skip. Oh no, roads closed. Again.

TT is bad enough, but people have a good time in general. MGP is just a pure annoyance. Well past it's sell by date.

I fail to understand how road closures after 6pm are restricting your opportunities for collecting a parcel. Are you walking to Snugborough from Bride after you finish work?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All MGP competitors should get on the next boat in the morning. (And the marshals too, just to be safe.)

Why?

I think you'll find that it's here to stay as is the TT. The only thing that'll stop any of them is if they can't get the minimum marshalling manning levels, which I can't ever see happening for the TT but it nearly happend for the MGP this year. I reckon they'll bring in Marshals from Ireland on a voluntary basis for next years so they can cover it. The same can be said for the Irish meetings, maybe some of the Manx Marshals will attend those also on a voluntary basis.

People have been saying for years that it's the end of the TT and the Grand Prix but they're both still here. If they've survived that long I don't think a few posters on a local forum are any threat to it to be honest.

they practice every day in the week upto TT, as the MGP. Indeed they also used to practice morning and night.

Well I find the whole thing to be extremely irritating and noisy.

All MGP competitors should get on the next boat in the morning. (And the marshals too, just to be safe.)

Maybe I find your kids extrememly annoying,maybe i should bag yours up and send it on the boat

Archived