Is Flogging Good Enough?

Grianane

The Comms in ramsey have just installed a 120k skatepark

Now dont take this the wrong way when i was a "youf" skateparks usually had halfpipes, you know the things big high halfpipey type thingys 15 foot high the ones that you could really hurt yourself if you really screwed it up big time :o (Which i did mostly) but when you look at these new corpy built parks the angles are all wrong and not steep enough and also where they have put 2 ramps together you have to transition from the ramp to tarmac back on to the ramp which is totally usless

if you are going to do a job and spend a load of cash do it properly FFS :angry:

imo i think the sk8 kids would prefer a real halfpipe made from wood with nice smooth flowing lines and if you must insist a couple of crash mats around the edges but these so called skate parks certainly look as if H&S have had a lot to do with them which has rendered them a waste of money

:D a Proper Halfpipe :D

post-1039-1187430808_thumb.jpg

CLEARLY YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE PARK. iTS GOT A CONCRETE SURFACE, GOOD RAMPS AND TRANSITIONS. CHECK OUT YOUTUBE FOR RAMSEY SKAEPARK THERES A GOOD BIT TO SEE.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CLEARLY YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE PARK. iTS GOT A CONCRETE SURFACE, GOOD RAMPS AND TRANSITIONS. CHECK OUT YOUTUBE FOR RAMSEY SKAEPARK THERES A GOOD BIT TO SEE.

No need to shout :P i'm saying is it needs to be bigger :D it looks to small

No need to shout :P i'm saying is it needs to be bigger :D it looks to small

not shouting, just didn't realise caps woz on. Anyway theres a good bit of stuff there and its all good qaulity and welllaid out. I've been down a bit and haven't heard any complaints. Next time your up north take a look yourself

Actually I think their worthless.

Perhaps they should be dressed in pink boiler suits and made to collect litter in Strand Street on a saturday afternoon.

Getting back on track, great, we can't prosecute 15 year olds now, brilliant, that sends out a really sound message. Griananes idea above is the best one. Pink boiler suits, no hats, pink faces no doubt. Mind you, it may infringe their human rights! It would be a fantastic deterent, so good that it'll probably never happen.

Actually I think their worthless.

Maybe, just maybe I'd give the crap you spout a half second consideration, if you weren't semi literate.

Hint................. 'their worthless' .................... what is it they own which is worthless?

Pedant is me.

Easy, prosecute the parents.

unless thats a joke, what a typical idiotic knee jerk reaction from the Daily Mail contingent.

while some parents may be partly responsible and dont control them as much as they can, the simple fact is that you cannot watch a child 24/7 and some children will get into trouble no matter what their upbringing or discipline regime at home.

to blame the parents, some of whom may be weeping with frustration at their disobedient children, in a blanket fashion is plain unfair. some children are just born bad.

Wrong. If the law, there to prevent scummy scrotes from wilfull descruction of public property, is unable to make the little shits pay for their wanton destruction then the next line of defence is to make their "parents" toe the line i.e. make them pay for the damage and therefore make them rather more aware that they are failing as parents and their "little johnny" is actually a "little shit" and that they will lose more of their "getting pissed" tokens unless they bring the result of their thoughtless copulations under control.

Otherwise nothing will change....

Agreed. Parental responsibility is the way. In a perverse way making parents spend time with their kids to make sure they know what they are doing may be a good thing. Its likely that the majority of parents of these little yobs probably couldn't give a toss what the kids are up to.

I used to work down at "Cummal Shee" 5-6 years ago and it was very interesting to see the social interaction between the kids and staff!

You would have kids who had been sent there for various criminal misdemeanors ,kids who had been placed there (totally wrongly) for no better reason than family problems(parents splitting up etc) once they were all placed together , within 2 wks they were all as bad as each other.

It was a mad house !, the kids twigged on very quickly, that untill they reached the age of criminal responsibility there was not a lot that the authoritiescould do to control them.

The Police would pick up these kids (causing trouble ),from various places around town, and deliver them back to "Cummal Shee" knowing full well that they could not touch them untill they reached 16 , pretty sad really.?

The only way the staff could get them to do anything was to bribe them.

I.M.H.O.

Over recent years Parental ability to discipline their own children has pretty much been taken away by the authorities , and kids ,being the clever little beggars that they are!, know exactly how much they can get away with and to what age?.

So now, with the "sh*t" starting to hit the fan ,as regarding teenage binge drinking,vandalism etc ,it will be interesting to see where the finger of blame will be pointed, as the powers that be , once more dust off their deflector shields in readiness?,

Sorry, but I really believe that the birch is the only answer!

If it isn't a deterrent at least it gives the agrieved and victims some sort of satisfaction!

About time we had another pointless birching debate, great way to get the real nutters out of the woodwork.

Archived