Is Flogging Good Enough?

Grianane

I'm sorry Grianane but to me it looks like you've just listed all the latest "vogue" excuses for bad behaviour.

At the end of the day I don't care about their backgrounds or the way they have been dragged up by failed parents. The issue is surely that the disgusting little scrotes know the difference between right and wrong and are therefore responsible for their own actions.

The fact that they are immediately back at their nasty little ways after all the publicity surrounding the incident says it all about their "parents". Name and shame them, parents as well, and penalise the lot. Otherwise nothing will ever change.

By the way I don't read any hang 'em flog 'em right-wing rags. I just want to see some justice in this world.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree - the point of listing the "vogue" is to highlight the injustice of it all. My kids would love to have the chance to go out canoeing, rope walking etc free of charge, but unfortunately they are too busy at school gaining an education.

We pamper too much to the yobs, who reap too much reward for their behaviour.

The current discussion on school absence and making parents responsible for the first 5 days of exclusion is being handled with a typical social-worker approach. If a kids excluded because of its behaviour then the parents should be held to account and made to look after them - if they'd instilled proper values to start with the problem might not have occurred.

I'd much prefer to see excluded kids required to attend somewhere to remove them from the streets, in fact I dont think the schools should be allowed to exclude at all - they should provide a secure room where the kids are made to sit and do nothing just to keep them off the streets.

I would like to see all excluded kids attending a special unit with a distinctive uniform. They should start at 8:00 am and finish at 6:30 pm. That way they won't mix with the other kids whose schooling they have disrupted. They stay in the unit until their parents/guardian collect them in the evening and therefore take over responsibility for them. Can't get there until 9:00 pm? Good.

The current discussion on school absence and making parents responsible for the first 5 days of exclusion is being handled with a typical social-worker approach. If a kids excluded because of its behaviour then the parents should be held to account and made to look after them - if they'd instilled proper values to start with the problem might not have occurred.

Yeah because it's only kids with chavvy parents who get in trouble :rolleyes:

Yeah because it's only kids with chavvy parents who get in trouble :rolleyes:

Most responsible parents would want to do something to improve their childs behaviour and would be quite prepared to commit their own time when needed and work with the school and the child to extablish an acceptable standard of behaviour.

Some might however express the view that there is a tendancy or a least a higher likelihood that yobs would be the offspring of yobs.

Archived