Re-enamelling

withchofthesouth

Doesn't proper enamelling involve a heat process? Have you thought how you are going to get a very heavy cast iron bath down the stairs, out the house, down to the enamellers and back again a few days later without chipping your new enamel? I know some people say it can be done in situ but its not real enamelling.

I had this idea once until I tried to lift the bath. Having tried I though **** this, I'll get a plastic/fibreglass bath like everyone else. And the bath water stays hotter longer....

Google search on this product:

Tubby Bath Paint Resurfacing Kit

The Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit is a durable two-part epoxy-based bath paint for renovating baths. This proven formula works on worn out, discoloured or badly stained surfaces - saving on the cost of replacement or expensive resurfacing treatments.

The Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit has been developed over many years by the world's leading bath refurbishment company, who have resurfaced many thousands of baths worldwide - including those of major hotel groups. Their professional product has been so successful that in the mid 1980's the company decided to respond to the demand for a high quality DIY version of the coating. The result is the Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit.

Tubby Bath Paint has been stringently tested by the National Standards Authority in the country of its origin for resilience, long term adhesion and safety. It will not crack on contact with very hot water, resists discolouration and is safe to use as it contains no caustic substances.

A Versatile Kit for Many Surfaces

The TUBBY kit can be used on cast iron (enamel) baths, steel, plastic, fibreglass and acrylic baths. It will even cover ceramic and porcelain surfaces which means the entire bathroom suite can be transformed for relatively little expense. Tubby bath paint can be used on bathroom sinks, toilet exteriors and bidets. It can also rejuvenate finely cracked or ugly tiles (one kit will cover 8 square metres coated once). Even washing machines, dryers, fridges and freezers can benefit from a hygienic 'as-new' finish

One Kit - One Bath

The TUBBY DIY Bath Resurfacing Kit contains enough bath paint to coat one large bath tub. The two coat application process means that it will cover four square metres. All utensils to do the job are included in the kit. No other tools are necessary.

How Long Will It Last?

The bath paint has been developed with durability as its main characteristic. Adhesion tests have been carried out to prove its performance over many years of use. Provided the underlying surface is thoroughly sanded to give a sound, shine-free key, the coating will keep looking good for many, many years.

Price

Size

Tubby Bath Resurfacing Kit - White £38.99

*prices include VAT

Enter

quantity Select colour and/or size:

Tubby Bath Resurfacing Kit - White

Doesn't proper enamelling involve a heat process? Have you thought how you are going to get a very heavy cast iron bath down the stairs, out the house, down to the enamellers and back again a few days later without chipping your new enamel? I know some people say it can be done in situ but its not real enamelling.

I had this idea once until I tried to lift the bath. Having tried I though **** this, I'll get a plastic/fibreglass bath like everyone else. And the bath water stays hotter longer....

ah ha, been there done that already, it ain't that heavy plus i know a man with a van, so lifting and moving is no problem. thank you for your advice though!

Google search on this product:

Tubby Bath Paint Resurfacing Kit

The Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit is a durable two-part epoxy-based bath paint for renovating baths. This proven formula works on worn out, discoloured or badly stained surfaces - saving on the cost of replacement or expensive resurfacing treatments.

The Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit has been developed over many years by the world's leading bath refurbishment company, who have resurfaced many thousands of baths worldwide - including those of major hotel groups. Their professional product has been so successful that in the mid 1980's the company decided to respond to the demand for a high quality DIY version of the coating. The result is the Tubby DIY Bath Paint Kit.

Tubby Bath Paint has been stringently tested by the National Standards Authority in the country of its origin for resilience, long term adhesion and safety. It will not crack on contact with very hot water, resists discolouration and is safe to use as it contains no caustic substances.

A Versatile Kit for Many Surfaces

The TUBBY kit can be used on cast iron (enamel) baths, steel, plastic, fibreglass and acrylic baths. It will even cover ceramic and porcelain surfaces which means the entire bathroom suite can be transformed for relatively little expense. Tubby bath paint can be used on bathroom sinks, toilet exteriors and bidets. It can also rejuvenate finely cracked or ugly tiles (one kit will cover 8 square metres coated once). Even washing machines, dryers, fridges and freezers can benefit from a hygienic 'as-new' finish

One Kit - One Bath

The TUBBY DIY Bath Resurfacing Kit contains enough bath paint to coat one large bath tub. The two coat application process means that it will cover four square metres. All utensils to do the job are included in the kit. No other tools are necessary.

How Long Will It Last?

The bath paint has been developed with durability as its main characteristic. Adhesion tests have been carried out to prove its performance over many years of use. Provided the underlying surface is thoroughly sanded to give a sound, shine-free key, the coating will keep looking good for many, many years.

Price

Size

Tubby Bath Resurfacing Kit - White £38.99

*prices include VAT

Enter

quantity Select colour and/or size:

Tubby Bath Resurfacing Kit - White

thanks for this, i'm actually goingt ouse the company recomennded above, but funnily enough, my mum is going to buy some of this stuff!

I dont think anybody ever did do enamelling over here, It was more off a respray of paint.

if you "see below" the company do re enammalling, they are picking my bath up this week, they either collect or do it in situ!

so i take it the bath with be taken off island then? Id say not. more than likely it will be sprayed with a coating of sorts but not re-enamelled.

Archived