Dog Hunt After Greyhound Races Off

Paul H

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news?articleid=3120907

A FORMER racing greyhound that had been on the Island for only five days has gone missing in the Michael area.

Four-year-old Denzil, who is black, was being walked in Kirk Michael village at lunchtime on Tuesday when he slipped his lead and ran off.

He hasn't been seen since.

Distraught owner, Tina Carter said: 'He had only been here five days. He was in a foster home in the UK before that.

'While he was there, he went missing for six weeks and was found living with a fox, so we know he can look after himself.

'We have searched everywhere for him, but he seems to have vanished into thin air. We would really like people to look in their outhouses or barns in case he is sheltering there.'

She added: 'He's really docile and friendly, but he also very nervous.'

If anyone sights Denzil please phone Tina on 200720 or 897126.

Yep, I hope he is found.

However, from experience when you have an 'escaper', it will be a continuing problem. We had a lovely dog who was really Houdini, he never stopped trying to escape and would jump walls that seemed just too high for him to get over, but he did. In all other respects he was a great dog, very loyal and easy going, but he did have the 'Colditz' factor.

Awwww -- bless! He looks just like a retired racer I used to have named Ray ---- god I miss that boy! They are just so sweet. Very misunderstood animals.

btw, you can get special sight-hound collars and leashes for them ---- they are sight hounds so no matter how well you train them it is instinct to go after things they see moving in the distance!

Archived