Need To Ban Dangerous Dogs

Grianane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All dogs have the potential to be dangerous if they are not trained correctly, or more likely when they are purposefully trained "incorrectly" by irresponsible morons. Dangerous dogs legislation is a joke - a domestic dog is nothing more than a wild animal that has accepted a place in a different kind of pack.

Incidentally, why single out rottweilers? They are not considered a dangerous breed - at least not in terms of UK legislation. Is it because they look a bit manacing?

Thread moved into here - hardly Internet's Finest Hour...

I know of 2 cases where 2 or more rottweillers are kept. Unfortunately they seem to be the breed of choice for some people with dubious civil interest

What's wrong with Rotties? As BD said - it's the training and the dog owner that make a dog what it is. We've had a Rottweiler and it was the most lovely and peaceful dog you could have come across. It might have looked big and menacing on first glance, but that was it.

We've had a Rottweiler and it was the most lovely and peaceful dog you could have come across. It might have looked big and menacing on first glance, but that was it.

That's what all Rottweiler owners say until their "gentle pet" bites a five year old girl's face off.

"He's never done that before! He's always been so good-natured!"

This is what dogs should like, this little lass couldn't bite the face off a Jammy Dodger, however pissed off she got.

post-7247-1187641667_thumb.jpg

The fact is that Staffordshire Bull terrier type dogs in particular seem to be owned by either tattoed retards or drug dealers (or both). If you can't stop these sort of morons buying these types of dog then sadly you have to ban the dog. Its not the dogs fault, but for many of the dickheads who buy these type of dogs proper training won't make any difference because they're anti-social cretins who think that getting a hard dog makes them look hard.

Think of a ban as saving the dogs from having moronic owners!

Having grown up with staffies i have never seen or even experienced anything with the breed to make me at all afraid of them. The only time i've been bitten by a dog was a little yapping Yorkshire terrier which as i was leaning over the garden gate to open it to get to the front door the dog bit the tip of my finger off !

we've taken in staffies from the MSPCA that had been abused by the previous owners and even these dogs have not had any sort of a temper, one was so badly abused that even sat on your lap stoking him he would shake in fear and flinch with every stroke.

With a few exceptions most well looked after breeds will be a happy member of any family, so banning a breed is not the answer and I believe that the MSPCA should be government funded and not just a charity so they have the means to keep an eye on abusive pet owners and the law should be much stricter on cruelty to animals.

Wideload, that's without doubt the most sensible post you have ever made.

A dog is a dog, they're all capable of causing serious injury. Apart from the odd mad dog, (which are probably more scarce than mad humans) dangerous dogs are the result of bad owners therefore, before you can own a dog, the owner should be licenced as opposed to just buying a dog licence.

A little like the process of getting a shotgun licence. That should remove a lot of dog owning dross. In these days of health and safety, why should just anyone be able to go out and buy something that can cause serious injury to others.

We've had a Rottweiler and it was the most lovely and peaceful dog you could have come across. It might have looked big and menacing on first glance, but that was it.

That's what all Rottweiler owners say until their "gentle pet" bites a five year old girl's face off.

This is what dogs should like, this little lass couldn't bite the face off a Jammy Dodger, however pissed off she got.

Grown up around rottwielers and if they are taught well the have a fine temperement and can be lovely family dogs, however my uncle had a King Charles Spaniel that would terrorise small children at every opportunity including biting.

Grown up around rottwielers and if they are taught well the have a fine temperement and can be lovely family dogs, however my uncle had a King Charles Spaniel that would terrorise small children at every opportunity including biting.

What did it do, gently nibble the end of the nail of one of their little fingers?

Point being, a pissed off King Charles Spaniel can't do half as much damage as a pissed off Rottweiler.

Even little dogs have tremendous power in their jaws. Our lab when I was a kid was 'jumped' by a Corgi as we were going past a garden gate by Ballakermeen school many years ago. The Corgi ripped the gum from the upper jaw of my dog and made quite a nasty mess. Needless to say, old Ben was not very keen on little dogs after that.

I was interested in Alberts posted report - especially bit about liability insurance. The report states that many pit bulls and rottweilers are handed in because owners cannot get rent or obtain liability insurance. Is there a requirement for owners to possess a liability insurance for a dog in the UK/IOM.

If introduced it could reduce dramatically the number of dogs kept by inappropraite owners.

I was interested in Alberts posted report - especially bit about liability insurance. The report states that many pit bulls and rottweilers are handed in because owners cannot get rent or obtain liability insurance. Is there a requirement for owners to possess a liability insurance for a dog in the UK/IOM.

If introduced it could reduce dramatically the number of dogs kept by inappropraite owners.

good idea, but it penalises 99% of dog owners and the 1% that need sorting will i'm sure get the money for insurance. its not like it would be expensive. all this would lead to is the 99% paying for the 1%'s claims against which does not sort the real issue. paying out after the fact is all a bit too late. if your dog EVER goes for another dog off your own premises then it should be mandatory that from then on your dog is muzzled off your own property and also on a lead.

Archived