[BBC News] Free checks on electric blankets

Newsbot

Although the potential seriousness of the news item shouldn't be sneered at of course, I can't help imagining the BBC journalists in the UK having a right good laugh at the lengths the two employees on the Isle of Man have to go to find some 'news'.

Nice work if you can get it.

These clowns are being paid a healthy sum to feed us this drivel so that the BBC can come to a foreign country and justify lifting £Mmillions per year from us.

Although the potential seriousness of the news item shouldn't be sneered at of course, I can't help imagining the BBC journalists in the UK having a right good laugh at the lengths the two employees on the Isle of Man have to go to find some 'news'.

Nice work if you can get it.

These clowns are being paid a healthy sum to feed us this drivel so that the BBC can come to a foreign country and justify lifting £Mmillions per year from us.

One of the hardest things to do is find decent regular news stories for the Isle of Man. It can be a nightmare, and two or three days can go past and nothing happens of any interest on this island what so ever. I know, I have done it for over a year, and trying to get a couple of good headliners can be near impossible some days. You wait for something to happen, anything. But, what can you do with stories such as: Mrs Kelly's cat stuck up a tree, a window smashed in a bus shelter, electric blanket testing, and the old favorite - yet another cheque presentation to a charity! (not there is nothing wrong with the process of giving money to charities, I am all for it).

In some respects, it's good news in its self that not a lot happens in the IoM worth reporting, but for the people who are left with the task of basically making something out of next to nothing is far harder than a full-blown news story. I don't envy their task one bit....

Will they test in situ, preferably by a golden adonis in US firefighter's uniform, without a jacket, with the braces left loose at the sides and carrying a yellow lab puppy?

Or am I being too specific?

Surely, a locally sourced firefighter would suffice? And they're only a phone call away..

ffbz2.jpg

(got bored between races today - sorry... :) )

Archived