Immigration

Grianane

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring in breeding licensing, issue licences only to those who will be good parents, sterilise those who wont. (do this at birth you can tell by their DNA)

Are you serious? That’s not too far removed from nazi philosophy.

Why do you automatically associate breeding control with Nazi's?

Have you never watched a nature prgram? - where most animals (monkeys, lions, wolves, dogs etc. etc. etc.) have an alpha-male and breeding is controlled, and/or a territory which they don't over populate and starve themselves? It is only humans that seem to think they have the right to breed like viruses, which will be our undoing either through over population or climate change.

Population control is the norm in nature - humans seem to think they are the exception.

Whether your english,scottish,polish or wherever,your all immigrants to me.How ironic that some of the more vocal people on the island are immigrants themselves,usually southern english cunts

Well, What a delightful view!, Would you like some afternoon tea?

Wow!

How do you limit immigration? The majority of people will come for an economic benefit, either work, if so there must be a job for them; or retirement, well fine, but perhaps we should require retirers to pay some sort of enhanced NI contribution to pay for the health and social care that they may extract from the system that they haven't paid into during their working lives. Alternatively, perhaps the Government should enter into some kind of agreement with the social system that they did pay into, for a contribution towards such costs.

If moving here has no economic benefit, then I can't see large numbers of 'scoungers' coming over.

So the upshot is, if you are here and in employment, you are welcome as you are needed (or else you wouldn't have employment) and will be contributing. If you have retired here and are really just living on state pensions and using our health services, then perhaps the system that has allowed you here needs a bit of tweaking. But I really doubt that many fall into that latter category, unless they have private means of support, in which case levy a charge for the social services that will be consumed.

I return to my first question, how do you limit immigration? It seems to me that if the economy needs more people, it would be disastrous to artificially limit those that will feed that need and could send the economy into a tailspin.

And before someone pipes up with the 'locals can't afford to live here' stuff, you have to accept that in a capitalist society there will be those that do not directly share in the wealth of the economy, but we should have an effective safety net to ensure that all have the basic rights of access to affordable, safe housing, education and healthcare. Personally, I do not believe there is the poverty here that many complain about, you don't see beggars in the street as you do in the UK, nor do you see queues of people at the social charities such as the Salvation Army. The challenge is for the Government to sort out social housing so that it meets the needs of the island. This will, of necessity, involve some unpopular decisions, but the bullet has to be bitten.

I return to my first question, how do you limit immigration? It seems to me that if the economy needs more people, it would be disastrous to artificially limit those that will feed that need and could send the economy into a tailspin.

Personally, I do not believe there is the poverty here that many complain about, you don't see beggars in the street as you do in the UK

I know nothing about economics so could you explain that 1st statement, if we limited the population why would the economy go in to a tailspin?

with regard to the 2nd statement, we have a Tramp in Port Erin (I think he came from Peel)

No one knows more about the effects of mass immigration than the Manx - the Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Italian, Filipino, Chinese and Germans seem to be tolerant people and integrate quite well, and have certainly enrichened Manx culture. The English? Well ... they're not all bad.

My first point was if there is a demand for skills (of all levels) that couldn't be filled by the resident population, then the businesses needing those skills would stop growing, start to contract or close. Hence the economy would take a nosedive, may be unnoticeable at first, but when it starts to hit the economic drivers then there would be a recession, because of the knock-on effect on other sectors.

Yes, there may well be tramps and others well below the poverty line here, but is it really a 'problem'? Do we have lines of people needing hostel accommodation, every shop doorway inhabited by the homeless? (Just about every shop doorway in central London has its night time inhabitants, we are not at that point here.) If the economy dives then there will be many more. But my point is that we are not a poor society, but there will be those that are marginal and some, very few I suspect, who are actually destitute and that is why I also say that we need to sort out social housing.

Whether your english,scottish,polish or wherever,your all immigrants to me.How ironic that some of the more vocal people on the island are immigrants themselves,usually southern english cunts

Each time I read your posts ,I like you more!

I've still got a few matches left over from the seventies ,what do you reckon.?

They're all kit houses now they'll burn like fuck!

My first point was if there is a demand for skills (of all levels) that couldn't be filled by the resident population, then the businesses needing those skills would stop growing, start to contract or close. Hence the economy would take a nosedive, may be unnoticeable at first, but when it starts to hit the economic drivers then there would be a recession, because of the knock-on effect on other sectors.

Why would it not just level off? We can't keep betting bigger and bigger.

Bring in breeding licensing, issue licences only to those who will be good parents, sterilise those who wont. (do this at birth you can tell by their DNA)

Are you serious? That’s not too far removed from nazi philosophy.

I didn't say kill loads of people, but I do drive a vw "Kraft durch Freude" ;)

As long as you don't mention "Arbeit macht frei" it's alright...

Archived