5.1 Surround On The 360

Chopsticks

Ahhhh well, only live once and all that :D

Gone and ordered myself the Pioneer setup that Digga linked to, a quick Google around the wibbly wobbly web seems to suggest it's been pretty well received, audiophiles somewhat sniffily say it's very much suited to playing games and watching loud films via a 360 and not much else, but since that's exactly what I want to do with them, no problem!

Mrs Turnip will be absolutely thrilled when they turn up......

Yes you will.

Some of the effects (bullets, aircraft flying overhead and especially footsteps creeping up on you) add an extra element

managed to get hold of an optical cable and with my 360 connected to my 5.1 dvd player i can certainly notice the difference on bioshock, excellent sound :)

Cheers for the tip, i'd have carried on just using the two audio cables.

Now i just need to get stuck into bioshock tonight, i still haven't even got to the first big daddy yet.

Wanky bloody Play haven't even confirmed the despatch of my order yet.

Every time I order stuff with Play I always end up saying, "NEVER AGAIN!" because it takes 10 days and more for the gear to turn up.

And yet, there I am again within a couple of months, thinking, "Ooohhhhh but it's so cheap, I must order again!"

I'll have a gander down at Waltons tomorrow, if they can knock out the same sort of kit for maybe £250, I'll buy from there instead and cancel the order with Play.

The directors of Play.com clearly read Manx Forums (as well they should), because I got a confirmation of despatch this very morning.

In Play language of course, this means that my speakers might arrive before the end of the year 2076 if I'm lucky, but at least it's progress.

You might be surprised actually, electrical items are usually delivered a lot quicker than dvd's, games or cd's.

Well it won't be today because we're inside the course, so hopefully some time next week.

I'm itching to do my second playthrough of Bioshock but don't want to start until I have the 5.1 rig set up.

Archived