Upgrading From 360 Premium To Elite

Chopsticks

What happens to all your saved games and XBLA games and demos that are on the 20GB hard drive on the Premium?

Yeah it's nice to have the shiny new 120GB hard drive, but I've bought loads of XBLA games and have loads of saved games on my Premium's hard drive. The demos can just be downloaded again of course, but what about everything else?

The XBLA games wouldn't be too bad as long as XBLA itself "remembers" what you've bought and just lets you download them all again, but what about all the save games?

I've ploughed through loads of Forza 2 for example, and I'll be buggered if I want to go and do all that again.

Piffle, so that's another £30 on top of the upgrade cost then, and I wonder if it just lets you copy over all the XBLA games, since that way you could simply dish them out to anyone and everyone, unless they're locked to the XBLA account of course.

As for Space Giraffe - revenge will be swift and brutal.

Piffle, so that's another £30 on top of the upgrade cost then, and I wonder if it just lets you copy over all the XBLA games, since that way you could simply dish them out to anyone and everyone, unless they're locked to the XBLA account of course.

I thought there was a lead to transfer the info from 1 hard drive to another.

Edit: Here it is http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemus...ngyourelite.htm

I thought there was a lead to transfer the info from 1 hard drive to another.

Edit: Here it is http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemus...ngyourelite.htm

Oooohhhh excellent stuff, cheers for the info :)

Hmph. Apparently you ring Microsoft up, and ten days later you get your cable.

That's a bit crap really, as if you go out and spend £300 on an Elite, you don't want to be waiting ten days before you can use the bloody thing.

I am going to ring up MS and see if they'll send the cable out in advance, so that I can switch from my Premium to my Elite as soon as it arrives, but I bet they'll want the serial number off the Elite or something before they'll send it out.

It's a bit wanky really, it stands to reason that a lot of folks who buy the Elite will be upgrading from a Premium, you'd think MS might find it in the goodness of their hearts to put a £1 cable in the box as a nice little bonus.....

If you up grade through Game they will alow you to take the new Elite home, transfer your saved games and then take in your Premium into them later...

Not sure how they are working it but it may well be worth looking into!!!

Archived