Mannin Line Tomorrow

GI James

Mannin Line is on tomorrow at 1pm

It would be great if everyone who contributed to the other thread - even if you were only one of the 2,975 reading it - and thinks that weekday Mannin Line should be reinstated, rang Mannin Line tomorrow between 1pm and 2pm

EDIT - re-size text at user's request

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even if you were only one of the 2,975 reading it

That doesn't mean that 2,975 individual people read that thread. It means that the thread was viewed (clicked on, or page refreshed) 2,975 times, probably by a couple of dozen people who kept going back to the thread to see what had been added.

Maybe if as many people as possible just phoned very brief to say they want it kept it woul show good suopport.

but then i think why should we beacuse it might be what they want

then i think they're just doing all this for publicity maybe

and then I think well if we don't all phone in then they might just cut it anyway because then it shows no one is listening and they want to stop it don't they because its a place to voice our opinions and that

and then I thought, well, I just don't know anymore.

ps what exactly is a wurlitzah?

Yes I will be calling

01624 661368

tomorrow with just a quick one - if I can get on air - to voice concern at

Anthony Pugh, Managing Director's potential neutering of "The Voice of the people of the Isle of Man".

Bio - Joined the Board as Managing Director in September 2003. Previous career with the BBC, from Producer at Radios 1 & 2 to Editor at Radio International and, more latterly, Executive Producer at BBC Music Entertainment.

Oozing local knowledge or what?

And from Manx radio's Hall of Fame just had to mark this one up for attention :-

Bio Mark Grace, Director, Joined the Board in 2003. Chartered surveyor and partner in estate agents Black Grace Cowley. Director of a number of UK property companies and member of the management committee of Manx Blind Welfare Society.

I could say a lot but won't be cruel.

Bio Alison Jones, Director Joined the Board in 2000. Chartered accountant and an executive director of Willis Management (IOM) Ltd

Willis Management (Dublin)

Activity: Captive Management

Captive what? Well they got that right, alright.

Bio David North, Director Joined the Board in 2003. Former businessman and Member of the House of Keys. Now retired but involved with a number of charitable institutions.

A little too retired when his vote was needed, example incinerator.

Real all round radio experience evidenced all round here ...

The lady from who is in france spoke well (jenifer) and uses these fourms i think she said.

Had been told by mr pew that becasue she was is not living on island then didnt realy have a say!!!

It is surely the controlers who are doing this but who employs them and who controls the controlers?. They don't know much do they? thank you for detailing their details although they are on the website.

now freddie bell has asked who is the Manx radio paymaster and the chap replied the people of the isle of man essentally. interesting.

Freddie Bell spoke complete sense today although a bit strong on sleeze alegations.!!

There were lots of callers waiting and lots of emails including mine but it is not long enough 40mins a week. Well then until nextweek we'll all better just shut up.

Now mr pew is talking about surveyys. Sory to repeat but nobody ever asked me or anyone at work or any nieghbours about their listening habits. Ill say it again that any survey must surely have been done in the car park at douglas head or somwhere. If he wants a real survey try actually asking peole of the isle of man.

RAJAR, huh i ask you

Not to bad on the whole. The Guy who was talking about, " The Secret Book " shot himself in the foot abit imo.

I was shocked to hear Jennifer from France say that she was told she didn't count as she didn't live here by Pugh. Not a reply i'd have thought a head man would think off giving. Maybe that sums up the credability that can be afforded to him.

Shame i forgot lol, would have made note that the early SPC timetables show a shorter daytrip length to Liverpool, and hardly any Liverpool-Island daytrips at all.....

The evening sailings now go to Ireland, afternoon to Liverpool, also, there could be a sailing to Ireland every day now.

(this hinges on 1 SPC fastcraft next year, not 2 as this year, but the vessel that does the evening sailings is a mystery next year, the the Liv-Dub route might end up being run by another operator, so there can't be any evening sailings to Douglas.........)

As I have previously stated .The audience figures were collated by RAJAR.(Radio and Joint Audience Research). This company conducts an extensive survey of listeners to all Radio Stations in the British Isles, this includes stations available via Sky Television.

I have spoken to a couple of people who have been contacted by RAJAR personnel over the last year, one of which was my next door but one neighbour! The survey does take a year to complete so is not some "Tin Can " set of figures that mean nothing. I am sorry to have to correct people who continually mis-represent the facts but I am sure you would want to know the truth.

It needs to be said that Manx Radio is " THE MOST LISTENED TO INDEPENDENT RADIO STATION IN THE BRITISH ISLES " per head of population which is a reflection of our excellent community, news and information content. This is not "Hearsay " or "The Bush Telegraph" this is FACT .

In my opinion the music content of the station is just about right and certainly not that different to the New Station's Playlist and as for conspiracy theories."little black books"etc. well sorry to disappoint. ALL RUBBISH.

I moved to the Island because I loved it and work for Manx Radio because I am proud to be involved with, for my money the best radio station in the British Isles and I have extensive experience of others. We have a team of really good people who care passionately about what they do and what we broadcast. this includes alot behind the scenes who you never hear. We should all be proud of what Manx Radio has achieved in forty years and I would like to thank you. the listener, if you are, because at the end of the day you have the choice.

Incidentally, topics for discussion this week on "Talking Heads " include:

The possibility of banning smoking on the Island in public places.

The future for tourism

"compensation culture"

I would like your input as residents because these issues concern you. Remember you can e-mail your comments for studio guests at any time if you can,t listen and phone during the programme between 9 and 12. chriswilliams@manxradio.com

Chris Williams.

It needs to be said that Manx Radio is " THE MOST LISTENED TO INDEPENDENT RADIO STATION IN THE BRITISH ISLES " per head of population which is a reflection of our excellent community, news and information content. This is not "Hearsay " or "The Bush Telegraph" this is FACT .

You're right there, it certainly isnt hearsay or bush telegraph and i only heard it from you so it must be true.

It seems to me its all about getting rich greedy people such as some advoctes and dentists and politicians and the like and buttering them up. the radio people are doing plenty of social climbing these days - all very cosy,

lots of people who seem to be on radio aren't here to be part of of our community theyre here for greed that nows no bounds.

Sorry to be grumpy but my CD player etc.

Chris thanks for coming on here and explaining in detail the FACTS, but as you can see some posters will only believe what they want to.

I for one am not too upset over the mannin line becoming a once a week item as in MY OPINION it was and has been very disjointed. There is nothing more frustrating when people are phoning in over a serious topic for the whole line of discussion to be interupted by somebody talking about the most trivial and stupid thing. This may appeal to some but not me.

The route you appear to be going down of "talking heads" where you just deal with a few topics over a longer period could lead to a lot more in depth and meaningful debates. Only an idea, could you publicise the topics of conversation in advance.

Archived