Those Considerate People At The Dot Again!

Fossils

It is so reassuring to see that the DoT is fully in sympathy with all the bikers touring the Island at present. They have thoughtfully laid a nice thick layers of loose chippings on the road at Ballabeg, so that the riders can test the durability of their bikes and leathers by sliding them along the very coarse sandpaper.

Couldn't this scheme have been delayed for a week?

76px-UK_road_traffic_warning_sign_loose_chippings.png

They've shown considerable initiative here, with all the extra visitors on the island, the loose chippings will be compressed much quicker. I can't recall the name of the road between Onchan and the Liverpool Arms, the amount of loose chippings they put down on that stretch was more than generous.

they also gave the access road a [timely] coating.. how did they know so many vehicles would have to pass that way? Regardless of how slow the traffic was moving, I still had stones fly up and hit my wind screen. So many cars... so confined and cramped together... so many stones flying around.

Remind me again, why is it the dot cannot compress the gravel themselves? (rather than forcing everyone else's vehicles to do the job for them).

they also gave the access road a [timely] coating.. how did they know so many vehicles would have to pass that way? Regardless of how slow the traffic was moving, I still had stones fly up and hit my wind screen. So many cars... so confined and cramped together... so many stones flying around.

Remind me again, why is it the dot cannot compress the gravel themselves? (rather than forcing everyone else's vehicles to do the job for them).

they probably sold all the steam rollers for scrap :)

They've definately still got one, with the name "chlee hill" on the back, a strange type of roller, about 6 wheels at the back, 5 at the front. I've seen it in different lay-bys on the island but never seen it in action. It's not steam powered though.

It is so reassuring to see that the DoT is fully in sympathy with all the bikers touring the Island at present. They have thoughtfully laid a nice thick layers of loose chippings on the road at Ballabeg, so that the riders can test the durability of their bikes and leathers by sliding them along the very coarse sandpaper

Have the bikers considered staying on their machines?

I went down South on Saturday and was amazed to find a stretch of the Southern 100 course was thick in stones. I ended up going onto the pavement. Irresponsible? Too fucken right but so is scattering and leaving a thick layer of stones on the road. Shower of bastards they are.

I cycled up Whitebridge just after they put the chippings down. It's hard enough on a smooth road, but in some places the loose stones were a couple of inches deep - they must have bought too many from the stone shop & I should have got a medal for getting to the top. Hey, that rhymes!

Archived