[BBC News] Renewed appeal over dog's death

Newsbot

Earlier this year The Manx Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA), unveiled a memorial stone to the dog at its headquarters.

Wonder if the homeless man who got kicked to death in Peel a few weeks ago will be afforded the same honour?

Then again he was just a jobless hobo, and this is a gorgeous little doggie we're talking about here......

Strange

you can be fined for letting a dog roam the streets, and if you don't feed or look after it properly you can have it taken from you and banned form having one. Pity we can't do the same with parents and kids.

Animal rights have superceded the rights of the child.

I think the point is being missed here, who ever this sicko is who killed the dog is just as able to do the same to his kids. humans or animals nothing deserves that kind of treatment. If I knew who did this or abused a person who couldnt fight back I would turn them in without reward or share the reward equaly to NSPCC and MSPCA :angry:

I think the point is being missed here, who ever this sicko is who killed the dog is just as able to do the same to his kids. humans or animals nothing deserves that kind of treatment.

Absolute bullshit.

There are cases of animal abuse escalating to other crimes but saying that just because they killed a dog they are going to kill their kids is totally naive.

Was this a deliberate killing, or a kidnap attempt that went wrong? Nobody knows but can people stop suggesting there's a bloody serial killer out there just because a dog got thrown over a wall. At this time the Police have not even traced the owner, nevermind the killer so maybe you should give them a hand and ring crime stoppers everytime you see someone who looks like Hannibal Lector in Strand Street?

Absolute bullshit.

There are cases of animal abuse escalating to other crimes but saying that just because they killed a dog they are going to kill their kids is totally naive.

Was this a deliberate killing, or a kidnap attempt that went wrong?

Now thats bullshit!, An animal is a living thing, So is a kid, If someone if capable of killing one then they could easily kill the another.

This wasn't just a "kidnap" attempt, Dogs don't just tie their feet up, fall into rivers and die.

This wasn't just a "kidnap" attempt, Dogs don't just tie their feet up, fall into rivers and die.

You seem to know a lot about it?

I'm not a copper but if you were stealing dogs to order you might tie them up to stop them running off and if you did it badly they might not be able to breathe. It does not take a genius to work out what might happen next.

I'm not a copper but if you were stealing dogs to order you might tie them up to stop them running off and if you did it badly they might not be able to breathe.

How would a dogs legs bound together cause them to die?, Out of distress?, Maybe..... but unlikely.

I believe it was a revenge attack and the owner of the dog doesn't want to come forward out of fear, If they're capable of doing that to the dog, What could they do to them?

I'm not a copper but if you were stealing dogs to order you might tie them up to stop them running off and if you did it badly they might not be able to breathe.

How would a dogs legs bound together cause them to die?, Out of distress?, Maybe..... but unlikely.

I believe it was a revenge attack and the owner of the dog doesn't want to come forward out of fear, If they're capable of doing that to the dog, What could they do to them?

Bollocks. You're ignoring the obvious - that maybe it was not a manx dog as nobody came forward and presumably all dog licenses were checked and none found to be missing or unaccounted for.

Absolute bullshit.

Was this a deliberate killing, or a kidnap attempt that went wrong?

Now thats bullshit!, An animal is a living thing, So is a kid, If someone if capable of killing one then they could easily kill the another.

Thank you Nitro I think you got my point that a person doing this has a mind that could easily change to harming humans if they became the focus of his anger. The way the animal was treated shows whoever did this had no concern for its suffering, this looks like it was not just an act to kill the animal they wanted it to suffer as well. Now please all you doubters, tell me thats the action of a person who wouldnt consider doing the same to a helpless human. :angry:

Archived