Andy Kershaw

ccm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is playing up a bit today. Took a few tries to get in, but managed in the end.

RADIO star Andy Kershaw was remanded in custody by the Deputy High Bailiff Alastair Montgomerie today (Thursday).

Mr Kershaw, 47, of Shore Road, Peel, is charged with breaching a restraining order imposed by magistrates on August 1.

Sergeant John Manley, prosecuting, told the court that BBC presenter was arrested in Peel on Wednesday, following an alleged incident at the home of his former partner Juliette Banner.

Sergeant Manley asked for a remand in custody.

Advocate Nigel Cordwell applied for bail but Mr Montgomerie rejected the call.

Mr Montgomerie adjourned the case until Tuesday.

well he always was known for seeking out material from unusual locations - are there any Manx jail-bird songs ?

Bit of a shame to be speculating on a domestic incident. There are always two sides to these things and Andy Kershaw has always been a great advocate of the island and it's people!

Oh HUGE news, everybody stop what you are doing and remember this moment.....If it isnt bad enough that he is having a few personal problems, why not publish them all over the internet hilight his issues in the local paper? - bound to make him feel better.

If nothing else it goes to show that stars are real too and can have 'things' happen to them that make them act out of character. I feel sympathy for the guy.

Bit of a shame to be speculating on a domestic incident. There are always two sides to these things and Andy Kershaw has always been a great advocate of the island and it's people!

agree about his advocacy but where's the speculation on the incident(there will be many in Peel who know more) - being remanded in custody is I think a publicly known fact - I guess he is lucky in that his weekly show if off for its summer break at the moment though I gather from many comments on the BBC R3 MB that AK was very unhappy at being moved to the late Monday evening slot in the rescheduling of a couple of months ago - described as stomping into the studio for the first such re-scheduled programme as he thought this slot was an indication that his show probably wouldn't continue on R3 (as he was removed from R1 in a similar manner thus I guess his reported comments ring true).

Edited to add that there is already a 5week old story now on BBC world music MB that AK would be taking a 3 month break from start of Aug whilst he recovers from some unspecified illness rather than just the usual summer break.

Just in the same way that Norman Wisdom's move to a nursing home (an unfortuneate state of affairs for many with eldery relatives who need more attention or resources than they can provide) made the national press and provoked much (almost certainly baseless) criticism of the family, any one with a significant public following such as AK is bound to attract attention and I would be amazed if it is not in the national press tomorrow as all local new-sources feed into the UK national press. You are correct in that we don't need to add additional material to fuel any press story (as eg in the Norman Wisdom story)

It's been reported on MR. I like Andy Kershaw - but I don't know him. I hope he gets to realise that it's pointless chasing someone who doesn't want you, and people can waste years getting over such things. The worst thing in the circumstances is to turn to the old pint pot, becuase there lies the road to ruin e.g. health, career, depression etc. etc.

I hope he gets over this as I think he will do really well over here, and there will probably be a nice local Manx girl he'll end up living happily ever after with.

It's been reported on MR. I like Andy Kershaw - but I don't know him. I hope he gets to realise that it's pointless chasing someone who doesn't want you, and people can waste years getting over such things. The worst thing in the circumstances is to turn to the old pint pot, becuase there lies the road to ruin e.g. health, career, depression etc. etc.

I hope he gets over this as I think he will do really well over here, and there will probably be a nice local Manx girl he'll end up living happily ever after with.

Unfortunately this incident was on the cards. 'Radio star' or no, he has put his ex-partner through a seriously tough time (those who feel sympathy for him might also spare some for his ex AND KIDS - you don't take out a restraining order for nothing) and exhausted the goodwill of many people in his vicinity with drink-related bad behaviour. But for all that, he is a troubled guy who deserves to be happier - hopefully he has hit the rock bottom he needed to reach, and can now start climbing back up to some kind of better state.

As the good book says, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

I hope he gets through this period of trouble and I wish him well.

Think he may enjoy a pint or two, which is not the thing to have if you're nursing a broken & tortured heart

Well if you like a few pints, are a bit vocal, and enjoy shouting in the street its definately a good idea to relocate to Peel.

(Seriously though this seems to be an unfortunate personal situation that's got out of control and - he has my best wishes)

But if everybody had followed that presumably there would be no Christianity as Jesus would not have been judged by Herod and crucified etc etc. As Monty Python said "he's been a very naughty boy" and if he had only read the "good book" and not judged anybody else he would have saved himself an awful lot of trouble!

I am off now to see consider if I have ever passed judgement on anybody as if not I am going to take up a life of crime. If caught I will use in my defense that I can not be judged as I have not judged.

As the good book says, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

Ok, lets expand that a wee bit. No Christianity - No Islam etc - no imaginary friends to argue about. Hmmmmm maybe not a bad thing. Still I expect we'd still find reasons to slaughter people...........

BTW A nice logical twist but I doubt Moylie will run with it. Worth trying though.

Archived