Wanted - Psp Repairs

xroadsiom

its probably the umd laser playing up, if you open the umd door you should see a small blue circle on the right of the big circle in the middle, check to see if its not covered in dust, ect. If it is then very gently clean it with a cotton bud.

I used these guys to repair my sons PSP.

GT Electronics

The service was first class and I didn't think the prices were too steep, althouhg it was a little while ago. I know they do all consoles, but postage may make it too expensive for anything other than handheld.

Ok, thanks. i have tried giving it a clean with an ear bud but no joy, i will check these guys out.

if the cotton bud didn't work then your laser has probably packed in, i think gt electronics can replace them too

Ok, thanks

I dont suppose you have an idea of how much this will cost? Do you think it is worth paying to get it fixed? :huh:

Have you tried looking on their website or do you want other people to do it for you:

Typical faults and repair prices are as follows:

Analogue stick/buttons not working:: £20 *Same day service*

Not reading UMD games/movies: £35

UMD mech replacement: £25 *Same day service*

Damaged LCD Screen: £35 *Grade A Sharp model including backlight - Same day service*

Official Sony PSP faceplate: £20 *Same day service*

Power switch/board:: £20 *Same day service*

WLAN faults: £30

Sound problems: £30

Memory card faults: £30

No power/picture/incomplete firmware update: £25

Please note that the return postage will be an extra £5 on top of the repair cost, all machines are retuned by CityLink 24hr courier. Typical turnaround is 2-3 days and all of our work comes with a 6 month warranty.

Archived